WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSuggestion EmptySuggestion

more_horiz
I would like to have you people clean up the "Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal" forum's solved topics as that forum is really large, and most of the ppl, after getting solved their problems, leave away. So there is no use of the topics aswell. So, a forum cleanup would be good Wink

descriptionSuggestion EmptyRe: Suggestion

more_horiz
Hello,

We leave the topics there for a little bit of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes. We also don't have much time sorting out the solved topics for a cleanup.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Suggestion Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Yeah, agreed with Doctor Inferno. I tried to do that for a day or two, and I did not even come close to getting it done.

I imagine that if Doctor Inferno wants to, then an archive forum can be set up - where the topics could be sent after they are one-month old. That is what SpywareInfo does. Even though they are sent to the archive forum, they could be accessed by guests and members.

That would be a possible means of cleaning up the forum.

more_horiz
Not sure what options forumotion admin panel gives, but I know some forums let you do a mass prune on all topics that have been dead so long, but that's for deleting, not moving....

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Suggestion DXwU4
Suggestion VvYDg

more_horiz
You can prune topics to a certain forum, but I think the admin have the Trash Incinerator set as that, if they prune.

more_horiz
Hmm..
Then why not open a "Solved Problems" sub-forum in that virus, spyware and malware removal forum?
You can move topics to is once when the members say "Yes, my problem is solved"

Edit : Yeah, Jay said the same, but why note move it at once when we get a yes?

more_horiz
Double-posting after +48 hours.

Then you can do one thing for sure; Clear the trash forum.

You can go to the ACP and delete the whole forum including the topics, then creat a new one. In that way, it will cost less than a minute Smile...

Suggestion Viktor14

more_horiz
Nah, we prefer to keep everything there in case we need to refer anytime. 😉

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Suggestion Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum