WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007 EmptyWindows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007

more_horiz
Hi,
I have an: HP Compaq Presario F572US Notebook PC
with Windows Vista Home Premium 32
Windows Update asked to Install updates: Service Pack 2

I installed the updates then when my computer tried to start again nothing happened but a black screen with white words scrolling across. I had to unplug the PC and remove the battery to get it to turn off. Then I turned the computer back on and Windows Start Up Repair started running because the computer would not start. Start Up Repair could not fix the problem so I looked at the details of the problem and it said there was one problem: Windows Update Service Pack 2
I had to use System Restore and then it shut down and tried starting again but it could not start so Start up repair ran again. Then when it tried to start a third time I entered: SAFE MODE and went in and manually uninstalled the Service Pack 2 Update then restarted my computer and everything was fine.

I then did some cleaning on my computer uninstalled programs I did not need ran registry cleaner and defrag, cleaned disc C and went to HP and updated my drivers.
Around two weeks after the first try at installing SP2 I went to Updates and checked for new updates. It downloaded Service Pack 2 and asked to restart so I restart and the exact same thing happened. In my updates it says Critical one update:SP2
There is an error code it is:80248007

I do not know what that code means I have searched for an answer to that code but can not find 80248007.
I contacted a Microsoft Windows Support Professional by e-mail and they sent me a reply. I have been following the steps they gave me but I still can't get Vista SP2 on my computer (if you want I can copy and paste the instructions that the MWSP gave me).

I've had to turn off my Automatic Updates completely because every time I shut down the computer and restart it try's to install SP2 (along with even more updates now) and then crashes. I also posted this problem I am having over on Microsoft Tech Net, no one could help me with this and 3 other people commented saying they were having the exact same problem. This has been going on since 10/09/09 and now the list of "Failed" updates under update history is ridiculous it is not just SP2, after the "SP2 Update" incident it seems nothing will update anymore (if you want I can post all the different updates that also will not work now). I also am wondering if maybe one of the downloads the Microsoft Support Professional gave me messed up my Windows Update because SP2 was the only update I ever had trouble with but now after doing the steps MWSP gave me it will not update anything.

Here is a short list of what I have done already to try to fix this problem:
*Went to HP.com updated all drivers and software
*Turned off Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware while doing the steps given to me by MWSP
*Download & Run Reset Windows Update Tool
*Download & Run System Update Readiness Tool
*Download Windows Vista SP2 Standalone Installer (Installed in Clean Boot Mode)
*Disabled all start up items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing Windows Vista SP2
*Saved latest System Information and CheckSUR log for further research

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Kristy

descriptionWindows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007 EmptyRe: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007

more_horiz
Hello, try this:

Start >> Type in cmd >> Right click, Run as Administrator.

Type in net stop wuauserv >> Enter.
Type in rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir >> Enter
Type in net start wuauserv >> Enter

Try again.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWindows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007 EmptyRe: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 installation failed error code: 80248007

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Hello, try this:

Start >> Type in cmd >> Right click, Run as Administrator.

Type in net stop wuauserv >> Enter.
Type in rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir >> Enter
Type in net start wuauserv >> Enter

Try again.

Thank You! I will try this and let you know how it goes. I am having a problem with my computer shutting down (I posted a new topic about it) so I will probably have to fix that first and then I can try this.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum