WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIs it possible to boot from external hdd? EmptyIs it possible to boot from external hdd?

more_horiz
Hi! Smile... I took my laptop to the technician and they said that the hard drive is broken and it costs about $500 to replace it. :think:I don't want to pay that much money so I wanted to know if you could boot windows from an external hard drive. And if this is possible should I pull out the hard drive inside because they make this squeaky noise and it's really annoying lol! LMBO or ROFL Anyways any help is appreciated Smile...

descriptionIs it possible to boot from external hdd? EmptyRe: Is it possible to boot from external hdd?

more_horiz
Hello,

I think the technician is trying to scam you here. I don't know what kind of hard drive could cost up to $500 unless you are talking about new high end ones like SSDs.

My recommendation, buy a laptop hard drive separately, and install it yourself. This isn't very difficult to do and I have done this myself before. Your laptop manufacturer's website should also have a manual which shows you how to disassemble you laptop to replace the hard drive. If you need help doing this, you can ask me.

To boot from your external hard drive, install it like you would with any hard drive. But before that you have to change the boot order from your BIOS. Boot into your BIOS by pressing Del at boot up and change the boot order to USB.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Is it possible to boot from external hdd? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum