WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide]

+51
JOHN33
sbelle48
hwc
lucila edith sifuentes
Jeanz
mareep_sheep
bubblyone
brigittev
metman22
Kirstykane
Ronon dex
bruston
Laura Larkin
peterbehan
ifzalkhan
TVodehnal
remya
jimjiim
markb
blum00n44
sicilysangel
twright1
jared mathews
fingerman1953
anoif
Ceska
getridofit!!!
Rencio
lkaplus
texasbonfire
Belahzur
dantana0531
swarnick
granch62
ethan0622
Timebirds
lcpostnet
MrMario
Evo2RaidPc
KEM741
mrconrados
vstevans
eddiedood220
Charles Godwin
paulo6675
emsmith6
trout921
jalatham
seanlawlor
EndlesslyLost
Doctor Inferno
55 posters

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptyHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to remove Security Tool for free.

What is Security Tool? (Information)

Security Tool is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.

Security Tool is a new malicious specimen from the same family of rouge anti-spyware as Total Security 2009 and System Security.

Security Tool Screenshots

Click Spoiler for more screenshots
Spoiler :

Follow these instructions to continue:

You have to start computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.

1. Please download this version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Startd10

2. Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on mbam-setup

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Mbam-s10

3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_310

4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the installation, click the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program Window as shown below.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database. Make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is closed before installing the update.

5. Close All opened Windows, Programs, File or Folders.

6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown below.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_610

7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_710

8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_910

9. Click Show Results.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_110

10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.

11. Click on Remove selected.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_111

12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it displays a message stating that it needs to restart, click Yes.

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Step_112

13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned from the malware infection.

To protect and prevent your computer from experiencing future threats like this, we highly recommend purchasing the FULL version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time (live) protection from this link.

If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this malware, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.

You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you will be privileged to other resources and to ask questions.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 8th December 2010, 1:51 am; edited 17 times in total

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
My gosh, this security tool is crazy. I managed to remove it by following your guide. Thank you. Going to get the full version too.

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
[b]ok so i did everything you said and renamed malware bytes but it still notices that it is malwarebytes and i can not open it!

more_horiz
Hello,

Open a new topic here: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

We will help you from there.

............................................................................................

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySecurity Tool Removal

more_horiz
Thank you! the guide worked great, I shall purchase the PRO version of Malwarebytes, just so that I won't get infected again.

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySecurity Tool Removal

more_horiz
I found it necessary to go into task manager (Windows XP) and actually stop the Security Tool program. Not only is it malicious but it also protects itself from removal. I suspect that if anyone is having trouble with Malware Bytes that the program "Security Tool" is stopping its removal. Under processes in task manager look for an 8 digit number (the first two numbers on my wife's computer were 34) and stop that process. I found that this program had corrupted her antivirus and I had to remove it and reload it (Antivir). It had also corrupted Malware Bytes which was on her computer. With the process shut down for Security Tool, I was able to make the necessary uninstall and uploads of programs to remove this nasty program from her computer...

Mike

more_horiz
Good thing your guide worked, I have been searching around for hours.

Thanks, Cheers

more_horiz
Reboot your pc and press Ctrl+ALt+Delete as soon as it logs in. This is critical to get to the task master before the security tool boots in. Then you will be able to stop the security tool process. which is most probably a series of numbers followed by .exe then you will be able to remove it by a third party spyware remover. Hope this helps

more_horiz
Thanks so much! It worked! Hooray!

more_horiz
You can also run in safe mode and do a system restore to a date before you had it... :-)

more_horiz
Please help I am unable to follow this removal guide for removing Security tool...I cannot open anything

more_horiz
Srry guys, like some others I'm able to download the anti-spyware software
but UNABLE to accualy run it.

What I tried,
- just searcht it on my pc unable to find it?
- (run anti-spyware)
- with the execute function, type msconfig to prevent it from launching when starting up

non of the above work for me

more_horiz
This worked amazingly. Thanks so much for your help, i'm completely SecurityTool free.

more_horiz
You can use a tool called rkill to stop the popups.

more_horiz
Do you know how this would get into a computer? Seems like over night it just showed up. Should of looked for this before.

more_horiz
Rogues security softwares usually infect you through P2Ps, fake video codecs (usually through adult sites), fake online scanners. It could be that you accidentally clicked a malicious link on IMs or social networks.

more_horiz
OKay so I have almost the SAME problem. I have Security Tool, I cannot run rkill, hijackthis, malwarebytes, can't open zip files, atl ctrl del task manager, add rem programs and exehelper thingy didn't work. Anyone still there to help? I started my own thread but nothing has been replied. I would totally appreciate some help, my co-worker got this on here and I'm trying to fix this before we have to tell the boss man : ) thanks!

Lauren

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Emptysecurity tool

more_horiz
It infected my kid's computer so I had to do something about it and quick. The option was let him spend days on end on Xbox...

Happily, he doesn't use the computer that much -- or hasn't since he got his Xbox for Christmas, so it was pretty easy to trace back through the computer's history and find out where it went wrong. (I may be on the wrong track cos am not a geek but security tool is no longer on his computer. In our case the culprit was a supposed Windows update on Christmas Day.

I had to restore settings to the point just prior to that, which was in November. I know that isn't easy for everyone to do as we are online all the time. But you might want to go to restore settings and see if there was a windows update around Christmas day or a few days prior, as I think these guys are trying to cash in on the online Christmas shopping rush.

I also followed the malwarebytes instructions but after restoring the settings to prior to the windows update download, it came up with nothing. And I loaded an anti-viral software on his computer.

more_horiz
You guys are awesome! Thank yoiu so much! You saved me a lot of money.

more_horiz
Hi Dr Inferno

I somehow got this nasty virus onto my pc. I was quite frustrated and worried so I looked up how to get rid of it on the web browser. The Geek Police website came up.

I went there and saw your solution. I followed your instructions and through the Malwarebytes program was able to get rid of this pathetic virus. Thanks for your help! You are a champion.

more_horiz
I cannot follow these instructions because the malware has infected safe mode. I cannot execute any programs and the task manager is blocked. I need a tool I can boot from a DOS diskette or bootable CD which will scan for security tool (I have the 2010 version) and let me kill the executable exe or dll files so that I can follow the rest of the removal instructions.

more_horiz
ok can you please send me the link again i am now on my computor i could not get on.. Thank you so much..

more_horiz
oh im so excited to have help my name is dantana0531 for the win32/nuqel.E virus download i think is otl ..

more_horiz
is it Old Timer?

more_horiz
now im not sure if this is working right. I was chatting with Belahzur... Are you still here? and Thank you

more_horiz
@ dantana0531 - If you want my help with malware removal, please post in the malware removal section, not the guides section. This section is for self help, not help from our forum experts.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] DXwU4
How to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] VvYDg

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptyRemoving Security Tool

more_horiz
I was trying to follow your instructions on a fairly new Dell Laptop with Windows Vista. I could not get the Safe Mode with Networking to come up no matter how I tried. After an hour of dealing with this and repeated attempts to follow the instructions, I right clicked on the Security Tool icon and found its properties including the name which was as series of number followed by .exe.
Then I brought up the Windows Task Manager and stopped the process for the program.
I was then able to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Security Tool was found, quarantined and deleted!

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySee my solution

more_horiz
swarnick wrote:
I cannot follow these instructions because the malware has infected safe mode. I cannot execute any programs and the task manager is blocked. I need a tool I can boot from a DOS diskette or bootable CD which will scan for security tool (I have the 2010 version) and let me kill the executable exe or dll files so that I can follow the rest of the removal instructions.

I could not log on in Safe Mode with Networking. I could not used the Control Panel either.

I found the name of it by right-clicking on the Security Tool icon on the desktop. The last portion of the program path right before the .exe gave me a series of numbers, xxxxxxx.exe which was also found under the Task Manager Processes. I had to go to Windows Task Manager and stop the Security Tool process from running. I stop the process and was able to run the malware program. I hope this helps you!

more_horiz
I was able to utilize malwarebytes when I created a different profile. When I loged back in as the original user the malware was still there. I then restared using safe mode reinstalled the software after successfully stopping personal security in task manager. It appears to have found more infected files and removed them...restarting..nope still here...back to drawing board

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySecurity Tool software

more_horiz
Try stopping the process of Security Tool. That's what worked for me since I could not start up in Safe Mode. Once I stopped the process, I was able to use the malware software successfully.

more_horiz
thanks doc. it really works.

thanks aigain....

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Emptyhi friend.

more_horiz
lkaplus wrote:
I was able to utilize malwarebytes when I created a different profile. When I loged back in as the original user the malware was still there. I then restared using safe mode reinstalled the software after successfully stopping personal security in task manager. It appears to have found more infected files and removed them...restarting..nope still here...back to drawing board

you need open GeekPolice.net into save mode, download the link, scan and thats it , it will work

more_horiz
thats the bastard! i knew it! Can this do anything worse than annoy the shit out of me!!??

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySecurity Tool

more_horiz
Many thanks for your instructions on getting rid of this. I was pulling my hair out and your instructions worked like a charm!

more_horiz
You are fab people. Your download worked first time. If i can get this to work anyone can, seriously it's taken me 20 minutes to figure out how to make this comment and I'm missing American Idol. Idiot proof indeed.

more_horiz
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I am so happy I found this site That security tool program was driving me nuts. I do not know much about computers or how they work, so Thank You Very Much, Fingerman1953

more_horiz
OH MY GOD ! you saved me ... This website ROCKs dude ! you know i was home alone and i downloaded this security tool by mistake and got everything missed up ! and my little brother would have killed me because it's his computer ! THANKS A MILLION ! Thank You!

more_horiz
you guys are legends, was sweating there for awhile .........now I can go to bed , thanks again.

more_horiz
Im so pissed that i actually fell for this scam. I am glad that I was able to remove this, thanks to your instructions. i just gotta work on getting my money back. thanks again!

more_horiz
I am one of the many victims to receive such a nasty virus. Is this what people do to generate revenue?

Thank you so much for your generous service, sincerely appreciated!

more_horiz
It worked. The dreaded secutity tool is gone. Thanks for your help!

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptyTHANKS

more_horiz
Thank You Very Much .... this deleted security tool completly Thank You! Hooray!

more_horiz
thank you so much for the solution...
i tweaked some idea from one of the msgs and took off the Security Tool
it was totally freaking me out with its constant alerts and denial of access to my antivirus files
though i could not get to the windows Safe mode with Networking
i booted my PC n deleted the process from the task Mgr
then downloaded the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
ran the set up accdn to the instructions
it rebooted the PC n the malware ws gone...
THANK GOD n U guys SOOOOOOOO much

more_horiz
Help! I've done this procedure and it's still there.

more_horiz
absoƖute brilliant tutorial, I just got rid of the annoying Security Tool trojan by following your instructions and by downloading and running the software. I will defo be purchasing a full version of the software next pay day!! Once again, thank you!!

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySpy Ware Removal

more_horiz
Thanks a million guys that worked brilliant stuff, I shall spread the word.

more_horiz
Hi,

Can anyone help me. I maaged to get ris of Seceurity Tool a few weeks ago but its back. I can stop the process and run the AntiMalWare which worked last time. It finds the virus and gets rid of it but whenever i log back on it is still there!

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] EmptySecurity Tool

more_horiz
Help!! I followed the instructions, started in Safe Mode & ran Malwarebytes & it removed 1 item. When I restarted this obnoxious "tool" is still there. Any suggestions for Windows 7? I can't even get Task Manager to come up to try to stop the Security Tool process.
I'd sure appreciate any help.

descriptionHow to Remove Security Tool [Removal Guide] Emptyremoving security tool

more_horiz
Hi, I have unfortunately downloaded security tool and its stupid crawler toolbar to my lap top, and now I cannot access
anything, I have tried to download the software from your advice but it won't accept wireless in safe mode.
I have accessed your site thru my desktop not sure what I should be doing although I'm not bad on tech stuff, this thing is beyond me, pleeeeeese help. (Gunsmoke)

Thanx Ronan dex.

more_horiz
Hello,

Please post here for help: http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum