GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

How to Remove System Security [Removal Guide]

descriptionHow to Remove System Security [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to remove System Security for free.

What is System Security? (Information)

System Security is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.

System Security Screenshots:

Follow these instructions to continue:

1. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

If you are having problems downloading from the link above, click here:
    Spoiler :
    Download from here only if you have problems downloading from the link above.

2. Extract the file and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on winlogon.exe.

3. Once installed, navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ and rename to mbam to winlogon. Open winlogon.

4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program as shown below.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database
Spoiler :
Download the Full database to your Desktop or to your usual Download Folder and install it by double clicking the file. Make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is closed before installing the update.

5. Close ALL open Windows, Programs, File or Folders.

6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown above.

7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.

8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click Ok to continue.

9. Click Show Results.

10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.

11. Click on Remove seletced

12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it dȋsplay a message stating that it needs to restart, please allow it to do so.

13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned.

To protect your computer from future threats like this, you may want to consider purchasing the Pro version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.

If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this software, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.

You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you are privileged to other virus removal resources in future.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 8th January 2010, 9:49 am; edited 25 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)

descriptionRe: How to Remove System Security [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Thanks this helped me a lot Bow or Thanks

descriptionhow to remove system security

more_horiz
Thank you so much it worked! Registered here just to say thanks. :smile2:

descriptionremoval tool system security

more_horiz
I have used this removal tool but when you restart the computer it comes right back. I need some help. I am not that knowlegable with removing files and working w/register. thanks

more_horiz
mwallace wrote:
I have used this removal tool but when you restart the computer it comes right back. I need some help. I am not that knowlegable with removing files and working w/register. thanks

Belahzur wrote:
Hello mwallace

Please read here and post a Hijack This log in the Malware removal and Hijack This logs section.
http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

descriptionnothing works

more_horiz
I did everything which includes, Anti Malware, spyhunter, spydoctor, antispyware, avast, and even the regedit trick. It keeps coming back. There is nothing you can do. I am now going to uninstall/reinstall windows xp and pray that it is gone. I won't be suprised if it is still there. This SYSTEM SECURITY is something more that just rogueware or whatever it is people may want to name the latest PC flaw. Dont bother wasting your computer's resources downloading all the latest spyware killer programs. They are all worthless. Just burn everything to dvd/cd that you really want and kiss the rest of your files goodbye. And when you are finished reinstalling your system, but your PC on ebay and buy a MAC. Sorry about this negativity but i have been at this for 3 days now.
Later

more_horiz
thunderkat211 wrote:
I did everything which includes, Anti Malware, spyhunter, spydoctor, antispyware, avast, and even the regedit trick. It keeps coming back. There is nothing you can do. I am now going to uninstall/reinstall windows xp and pray that it is gone. I won't be suprised if it is still there. This SYSTEM SECURITY is something more that just rogueware or whatever it is people may want to name the latest PC flaw. Dont bother wasting your computer's resources downloading all the latest spyware killer programs. They are all worthless. Just burn everything to dvd/cd that you really want and kiss the rest of your files goodbye. And when you are finished reinstalling your system, but your PC on ebay and buy a MAC. Sorry about this negativity but i have been at this for 3 days now.
Later

Please read here and post a Hijack This log in the Malware removal and Hijack This logs section.
http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

more_horiz
The version I found had the following numbers 2146056633.exe. The way I found it was through other web page (anti spyware 101). The numbers for the executable file on that page are different (5386543871..). This version won't allow the installation of antyspyware/antivirus programs it just shuts them down. Even it shuts off the browser if you are downloading them directly from either Mozilla or IE.

With the information from the mentioned place the folders were the files were locate were identified and deleted. (Documents and Settings\allusers\applicationdata). This was not enough to get rid of what was causing the installation rejection of anti virus/spyware programs.

I tried to install Malawarebytes in Safe mode with networking and had the same problem it rejected installation. I proceded to start in safe mode and was able to install Malawarebytes although I could not update the program.

A quick scan was launched that identified a lot of Adwares, Rogues including system security. These were all removed with Malawarebytes.

This was not enough yet and computer was shutdown and started again in normal mode to get latest updates. After this it was shutdown again and started in safe mode to run a full scan with the latest updates. I am waiting from the results of this but I think it is working.
Thanks

Last edited by Norgard on 13th January 2009, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Hello.
Please read my above reply from the last user and post a Hijack This log.

more_horiz
The last Malwarebyte run finally fixed the problem since I can see Mcafee running. (Thats the only useful purpose it has right now). I think it has been cured. I can post in Hijacthis the log files from Malwarebytes and also the Hijackthis list as well however this will be the one after the Malwarebytes scan that might not be useful to you.
Thanks for such a superb software.

more_horiz
Hello.
Any log is a start, then we can make sure it's gone.

more_horiz
If you have XP then i can help well it mite work for Vista but i had system security stuck on my comp. And what I did was go to the start menu, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. And from there you click the first one selected that says "restore computer to an earlier time" (before you go system security) then like it says select a bold date. then hit next and just follow it through. So at the end your comp. should go to shut down mode and it will restore then and restart and your comp should be fine! Well let me know if that helps any of you wahoo's out there.

Honored Cheers Mate Open Grin Right On! :Clapping:

more_horiz
And I honestly think that all of you that buy this stuff or download this stuff to remove system security you are just wasting our time for god sake the person trying to help it possibly trying to give you an actual product (but really isn't) they name it that when its actually a virus. So please dont waste time or money downloading this stuff.

more_horiz
Downloading what? Malwarebyte's Antimalware is free. Your username is also not allowed, please check your PM.

more_horiz
But doing what i said only works if one of the bold dates are a day before you got system security. Oh and by the way this would probably work for all virus stuff. unless your comp. if f*#* and can't do jack then idk what to say you can try what i said on vista comps. or just search system restore.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum