WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPotential VirusDoctor threat? - Page 1 EmptyRe: Potential VirusDoctor threat?

more_horiz
Hi

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /u

Potential VirusDoctor threat? - Page 1 Cf310

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

descriptionPotential VirusDoctor threat? - Page 1 EmptyRe: Potential VirusDoctor threat?

more_horiz
Sorry to bother you again but when I tried putting "ComboFix /u" in the Run window it just said that Windows couldn't find ComboFix and to check my spelling and try again. I assume this is because ComboFix isn't actually on my desktop anymore, since McAfee quarantined it and I had it remove it that way.

I did a search for "ComboFix" on my computer and it only found the log file it left behind. Does that mean it's all gone? I just want to make sure there aren't any remnants that I'm supposed to remove manually, since it wasn't uninstalled in the way that is usually recommended (the "ComboFix /u" way). I'm hoping that it's okay even if it was erased by McAfee and that this won't affect my computer or anything.

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the trouble.

more_horiz
Hi

Just delete ComboFix off of your Desktop, and delete the following folders if they exist:
C:\Qoobox
C:\Quarantine

more_horiz
Okay, I did that. There was only a C:\Qoobox folder, so I deleted it. Thanks again for all your help! My friend is also having computer troubles, so I will definitely recommend this forum to her. Smile...

Out of curiosity, is there any way you could give me an idea of what was actually wrong with the computer...? Was it just VirusDoctor or was it something else too? Or are you unable to tell from the logs alone?

Have a good week!

more_horiz
Hi

It was a small infection. The only thing it did was install something that would make the computer act slow, and cause security settings to change. I can tell that VirusDoctor might have been on there, but it only seemed like a trace. If you have any more issues, please post back here.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum