WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIs there a way to boost internet Speed? EmptyIs there a way to boost internet Speed?

more_horiz
I am been experiencing Slow internet access during weekends and holidays but it is different during Weekdays. So is there a way to boost the speed?

descriptionIs there a way to boost internet Speed? EmptyRe: Is there a way to boost internet Speed?

more_horiz
Without upgrading your ISP plan, there are 2 methods you could try to see if they help at all.....and there free!

Firstly, you could use 'Open DNS'. They allow you to go through their DNS servers and many have reported a noticeable increase in speed.
They have configuration pages for your OS or hardware router.

http://www.opendns.com/

Secondly, If you’re on Windows, install 'FastCache'.
AnalogX FastCache is a caching DNS server that runs on your local machine and handles any DNS request that your computer makes, from Internet Explorer to your favorite FTP client. Once a query is made, FastCache will override the normal timeout for the item with one that you specify, so instead of saving a query for a couple of seconds, it can save it for a couple of days. Now every time you ask for it again while it's in the cache, it gives it to you instantly.

http://www.analogx.com/CONTENTS/download/network/fc.htm

Good Luck!

descriptionIs there a way to boost internet Speed? EmptyRe: Is there a way to boost internet Speed?

more_horiz
Cool, I didn't actually thought there were such things. By the way you could tweak your internet speed if you are using firefox by doing the following:

in the address bar type in about:config >> in the filter bar type in pipe under network.http.pipelining >> right click toogle >> under network.http.pipelining.maxrequests >> right click >> Modify and change the value to 30.

This makes firefox use 30 connections instead of just 4. making your surfing speed slightly faster.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Is there a way to boost internet Speed? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Nice Doc, but firefox seems to slow for me!

My IE7 runs like Lewis Hamiltons McLaren.....damn fast, hehe! Shocking Whoa

Is there a way to boost internet Speed? Yr43s9pnuxlpvmfhf

Is there a way to boost internet Speed? Windowsvistaqj3.th

Sorry, i'm being silly now.....i'll get back in my box!

more_horiz
Thanks for the post!

I just combined everything you guys posted and... WOW!!!

more_horiz
Oh so you can make it faster like this

Last edited by xdyeo on 9th June 2008, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : know how to increase speed of internet.)

more_horiz
Zomg i tried the above methods too and it worked like ooHlalalLALAL!

more_horiz
CrisisCore wrote:
I am been experiencing Slow internet access during weekends and holidays but it is different during Weekdays. So is there a way to boost the speed?

A slow Internet connection could be caused by any number of reasons. It may be connection or traffic problem.
To increase your Internet speed you can follow these tips given below:
1.clear cookies from our browser
2.Delete unwanted files.
3. PC Optimization:
It is important to clean your PC regularly. It means a normal maintenance tasks such as, cleaning the disks, registry repairs and Disk Derangement
4. If you are using a DSL connection over your landline, make sure that you have high-quality filters in place to get optimum signal speed.
5.Upgrade your modem
6.Use Updated Web Browser
After, completing this steps, you can check our internet speed from this site ScanMySpeed.com

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum