WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive? EmptyHow to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive?

more_horiz
I have an external Hard drive (WD Element 500GB) Fat 32 Format. My computer is WIN XP Pro.

I use the hard drive often and usually connect the external HDD once my PC is on and then "safely remove hard drive" before I shut down my PC.

The other day I decided to connect the external hard drive before booting up my pc and upon booting, the external HDD was detected, however it went into a screen in which it was scanning the info on the hard drive. Sort of screen you would see when the pc is turned off the wrong way and then it scans your hard drive to make sure there are no errors.

we'll after the scan took place, my pc started OK, and I opened the external drive only to find that there were certain folders missing. One which was inside "my music" folder and it was an MP3 folder. Other folders were still there, but the icon was corrupted somehow because when you clicked on it, it would ask you to choose a program to open it. When you right click+properties, the only tab is (general).

I also did a search on the external to find the missing MP3 folder and it did find it, however you could not open at all.

My big question is, why did that particular folder disappear and not the others and why are some other folders corrupted and others are OK

Please assist...HELP!!!!

Thanks again

descriptionHow to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive? EmptyRe: How to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive?

more_horiz
Hello,

This might be due to power shortage to your external hard drive. Make sure it's connected directly to the USB port at back of your PC, not via any USB hub or to the front. See if this problem still occurs.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHow to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive? EmptyRe: How to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive?

more_horiz
Yes, the external hard drive is connected via the PC USB. I have disconnected various time with no change.

more_horiz
Hello,

It's connected, but is it plugged directly to the back of your PC?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to open certain corrupted/missing file folders on an External Hard Drive? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Yes the External Hard Drive is connected directly to the back of the PC via USB.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum