WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionallowing access to internet through my Wi Fi router Emptyallowing access to internet through my Wi Fi router

more_horiz
Hi,
I have a wi fi router for home use - the desk top is hard wired to it with my laptop on wi fi connection to it.

I have put 2 of my daughters laptops on the same system over several months by imputting the correct access code when detected and they have worked fine when they are visiting.

Another of my daugters has come to stay for a few weeks and I inputted the access code and the icon in the taskbar shows that it is connected but I cannot access the internet. What am I missing?

descriptionallowing access to internet through my Wi Fi router EmptyRe: allowing access to internet through my Wi Fi router

more_horiz
Hello,

Are all the laptops/computers using the same O/S? that sometimes affects the networking but shouldn't do anything to internet access.

Wireless adapters and routers can sometime have problems if the driver is not up to date, or the firmware isn't compatible with the wireless card. (I had to wait for the router to get updated for one of my laptops to be able to connect with wireless)

Try to connect the laptop with a LAN wire and update the driver.

............................................................................................

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum