WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro

5 posters

descriptionLingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 EmptyRe: Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro

more_horiz
Cool, the pc is running somewhat normal. I still can't open and turn on my security center. I don't have to right click on anything to get it to run, just a normal click works. I'll check the rest that I was having problems and see what happens.
Thank you, we are on the right track.

descriptionLingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 EmptyRe: Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro

more_horiz
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to svchost as follows:

Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 CF_download_FF

Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 2aflf5z

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on svchost.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouse click combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 DXwU4
Lingering bugs from Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
I don't know what happened, but combofix is on my desktop and i was not given the option to rename it, also it says that I have spybot and adware running. Yes I have spybot and no clue how to shut it off short of uninstalling it, and I uninstalled adaware when I first started having problems with my pc.

more_horiz
Hello.
See if you can run it without renaming it.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
My McAfee is saying that combofix is an Artemis Trojan and won't let me download it. I have managed to get my malwarebytes and mcafee to run, I still can't turn on my windows defender though.

more_horiz
Uninstall Mcafee, it interferes way too much.

more_horiz
Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you need the topic reopened, PM an administrator or moderator.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum