WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Win32TrojanTDSS....please help

3 posters

descriptionWin32TrojanTDSS....please help - Page 2 EmptyRe: Win32TrojanTDSS....please help

more_horiz
now i did get a message about some other trojan from my AVG antivirus software....is there more to do for that or does what we have done take care of all the issues....if not then let me know what you need me to do next...thank you all again you have all been a real help....

descriptionWin32TrojanTDSS....please help - Page 2 EmptyRe: Win32TrojanTDSS....please help

more_horiz
Hello.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - ?p=ZJxdm027YYUS

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /u

Win32TrojanTDSS....please help - Page 2 CF_Cleanup

This will also reset your restore points.

How is the machine running now?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Win32TrojanTDSS....please help - Page 2 DXwU4
Win32TrojanTDSS....please help - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
well i ran my AD Ware scan like before and the only things that came up this time was tracking cookies....and that Trojan is not showig up in my scan....now the Trojan horse Generic14.FFS did come up in my scheduled AVG scan and it got moved to the virus vault....should i still be ok with that?? i really do appreciate the assistance and believe me i will be talking to everyone that i know about your people's abillities and send more people your way....thank you again and keep up the great work....

George

more_horiz
Hello.
Where did AVG find that trojan? I'll take a likely bet and say "system volume information"?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
"C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AE0762F6-CDA4-449C-BF08-537B56165EF1}\RP665\A0050269.dll";"Trojan horse Generic14.FFS";"Moved to Virus Vault"

thats the results from todays scan...like 4 1/2 hours ago...so am i safe to do my banking again or is there anything else i need to do??

more_horiz
Heh. System Volume Information is just system restore, they should get flushed when you run Combofix /u.

This should be fine now.

more_horiz
Thank you i did the combofix u like i was told....it will run a scheduled scan tomorrow(AVG) and if something comes up i will let you know otherwise thak you tons and you guys are awesome......

George

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum