WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot remove personal anti virus EmptyCannot remove personal anti virus

more_horiz
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have been trawling the net for my particular problem and this seems like best site. I have a laptop running XP Media Center SP2 that got infected by personal anti virus. My immediate reaction was to use Malware bytes Anti-Malware like I have used several times before. However I ran into difficulties. At first, I couldn't install it, so I renamed the .exe and it installed. Now. however it won't launch,I have renamed all references to mbam but it just will not launch for me. I have tried to install Combofix, spybot search and destroy, spyware doctor, all to no avail. I also tried to run hijack this and this failed. The only thing I installed successfully was avg. I also looked at the manual approach of removing pav and tried to remove as much as I could, but it's still hanging around.

Anyone any advice on this please, much appreciated. 😉

descriptionCannot remove personal anti virus EmptyRe: Cannot remove personal anti virus

more_horiz
Hello noviceman,

Welcome to Geek Police, my name is Origin and I will be helping you today. Please keep the following in mind:

• If you do not get a reply from me or another helper within 2 days, please reply to your topic with the phrase BUMP
  • If you have any cracked/pirated software in your computer delete them or we will not help you.
  • Only follow advise from Geek Police Staff and not a regular member.
  • Do NOT run any tool without Geek Police supervision as it could hinder your system useless.

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt just yet.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

Cannot remove personal anti virus 2wg6fte
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum