I have searched for a solution but everything I have tried hasn't worked. Here is the Scenario.

I had a dual boot machine, Windows 2k3 and Windows XP Pro. I needed more space on XP and since I rarely booted up my server os, I reformatted that partition. 2k3 was on the first partition and XP on the second. Since I formatted, I was unable to access my XP os. I installed a copy of SuSE 9.2 to make sure the XP files were still there and they were. I have installed Grub and configured it like this. (note: XP is on an EXTENDED partition in Linux which makes it labled hda5)

on the Windows section the menu.lst is

Windows XP
map (hd0 hd4)
map (hd4 hd0)
noverify
chainloader +1

the XP bootloader is

[disk 1] [partition 2] XP /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn ( I forgot the actual directory structure but the rest is accurate)

I can not boot to XP at all. If I install another copy of XP, I can get to my XP Pro and it works fine.

I have tried FIXBOOT, handwiting the boot.ini file, FIXMBR, none of it works. I would prefer not to have two copies of XP on the same machine. It is a gig of space waisted, but atm that is hte only way I can get XP Pro to boot. Any Solutions?