WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionmy dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows. Emptymy dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows.

more_horiz
A few weeks ago my computer had a problem with a virus of some sort and the blue screen of death kept popping up at every log in. I couldn't do anything. I took it to my uncle and he was able to somehow fix it, but now the computer won't connect to the internet with windows. I have linuxmint on a disc and the computer connects to the internet just fine using that OS but not with windows. Windows is also still running a little sluggish and freezing often. I would just use the linuxmint disc all the time but using that OS I cant access the files on my computer so I need to be able to use windows again and I need to be able to connect to the internet. Windows claims that a network cable is unplugged or something along those lines but I know that that is not true and as I've said it connects to the internet just fine if I use linux. Please help if you can.

descriptionmy dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows. EmptyRe: my dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows.

more_horiz
Are you using a router? If you are:

Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Network Connections >> General tab >>Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) >> Properties >> Click Use the following IP address: and Use the following DNS servers:.

Enter the information that was given to you by your Internet service provider. Click Ok and test to see that your Internet is working.

Also try to disable the Ethernet network adapter if you are not using it. This applies, for example, when running a WiFi home network with computers that have built-in Ethernet adapters. To disable the adapter, double-click the small Network Cable Unplugged error window and choose the Disable option.

If it doesn't work, most likely you are having a malware problem. Post a HJT log in the malware removal forum to get it removed.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

my dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows. Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionmy dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows. EmptyRe: my dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows.

more_horiz
yeah, I don't know. It's just freezing and not responding to anything at all now. I smash it and get a new laptop, but it's only a year old, it shouldn't be doing this.

more_horiz
What do you not know?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

my dell laptop will connect to wireless with linux, but not with windows. Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum