WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 Opinions EmptyWindows 7 Opinions

more_horiz
well am thinking of changing my current vista to windows 7 X86.

i have only used windows 7 once and that was when microsoft was doing the first beta release, so it was a while ago. So i am not as upto date on its current condition.

so am just wondering what you windows 7 users think of it?

is it buggy?
will there be much difference between current release and final retail release?
should i stick with vista until the retail release?
What versions are you using?

just some opinions on it, so i can decide whether or not i should install it now or wait for the retail Smile...

Thank You!

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

Windows 7 Opinions Siggye

descriptionWindows 7 Opinions EmptyRe: Windows 7 Opinions

more_horiz
The RC is less buggier, a few new features are also implemented from the beta (depending which build you used).

If you want to get the RC, better grab it quick. I think the dead line is either on 15 or 20 August.

And yes, get Windows 7 instead of using Vista. It's much stable and faster!

If you're a true geek, reinstalling Windows when the RTM comes out shouldn't be a hassle at all! 😉

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows 7 Opinions Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thanks doc,

i am downloading it now. build: 7100.0.090421
i noticed it says:
RC downloads won't be available after August 20, 2009. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours.

i will probably forget about this and wonder what the hecks happening to my PC lol

but its good we get it for nearly a year before it expires Smile...

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

more_horiz
The RTM or OEM will be out soon anyway, so we can get it before it expires. The release date is set for Oct 22.

more_horiz
If you're a true geek, reinstalling Windows when the RTM comes out shouldn't be a hassle at all!

lol,
i format nearly every 2 months, so no hassle, apart from trying to find
places to back-up 1.8TB of data, i always manage it in the end though Smile... i really should consider a smaller primary shouldnt i lol

Not to far away then Oct Smile... i want to buy the 64bit version for the laptop aswell as 32 for pc, but the laptop can wait till release

EDIT: windows 7 now on, i went for a clean install rather than the upgrade. as it was due a format Smile...

at the moment i am re-installing the security and drivers, instantly i have noticed a difference in the network performance.
any way to get rid of the watermarked text in the corner?

more_horiz
Yeah, there are plenty of tools out there to remove the watermark.

Download this: http://soft3.wmzhe.com/download/deepxw/RemoveWatermark_20090314.zip

Right-click on Removewatermark >> Run as Administrator.

And do the rest of the steps accordingly.

more_horiz
thanks Doc will give that a go later Smile...

more_horiz
i have installed the RTM 😉 on both my laptop and PC now Smile...

everything is so much cleaner and smoother than vista

Now i just gotta set up a Dual boot with XP on my Main PC as 'Portio32' drivers dont seem to work in 7.

more_horiz
Hello,

Try running it as a "compatibility mode".

more_horiz
i have to add the driver manually through the add hardware wizard, as there is no device or software for the driver.

i have tried setting the compatibility but it didnt work, it just kept coming up with, 'cannot locate driver specified'

its alright anyway, i have already set-up the dual boot and installed XP

thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum