WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPLEASE need some more opinions! EmptyPLEASE need some more opinions!

more_horiz
i need your opinions and answers by friday, so here it is.
I've been chosen as one of the lucky 30 or so that get to be in set 1 science and do triple award next year (starting my GCSE's)
I have heard that triple is only for really dedicated scientists and that most of my friends are having the same feelings. I don't really want a job in science, but the GCSE's would look good on my record for going to university.
So, besides doing an extra GCSE, what is the difference between double and triple award science. How much more work is involved, and is it worth spending the extra time in science when i could be busy doing my subjects that i opted for?

i know that the admin and mods are doing/have done their exams and finished school/almost. So you guys might have some first hand experience? tyvm in advance.
(your opinion may change my life, think about it....) Roger that Roger that Roger that Yikes Can't Believe It

Last edited by megatails5 on 25th June 2009, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

............................................................................................

PLEASE need some more opinions! Megatails5-sig-2

descriptionPLEASE need some more opinions! EmptyRe: PLEASE need some more opinions!

more_horiz
Of you like the subject then go for it. But I feel that taking 3 sciences is just crazy... for me at least.

I think the normal is 2 science subjects, so you will have 1 more extra to study.

Depends really on how much time you want to devote to studying that subject.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

PLEASE need some more opinions! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionPLEASE need some more opinions! EmptyRe: PLEASE need some more opinions!

more_horiz
unfortunately you are sort of wrong, we HAVE to take 3 sciences (biology, physics, chemistry) but triple award if where you get a gcse in each seperate subject.
Double award is 2 exams (1 in yr 10, 1 in yr 11) which cover all 3, i dont know if it would be better to have 3 when you take the extra work into account

PLEASE need some more opinions! Megatails5-sig-2

more_horiz
Ahh... If it were my decision to make, it would be based on this: If I like the subject I take it.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

PLEASE need some more opinions! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
If you are not going to use the subject, why not put the effort in other subjects and score as well as you can. Unless you are gifted, you should take three sciences.

PLEASE need some more opinions! Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
Dont take it.. You might be stressed out lol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum