WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Security 4.52 EmptySystem Security 4.52

more_horiz
Earlier when I turned on my computer and logged into my account it quickly closed everything that opens on startup and poped up a fake scan for a System Security spyware program. I clicked it all away but it wouldn't let me open any programs. After a long time I was able to get to Internet Explorer by clicking their Support button and going to their page. I found somebody with the same problem on this site and a couple other places. I restarted my computer on Safemode and did a full scan on Malwarebytes to delete the virus. It actually did a really good job and made it so that I can start up everything, it almost appears that the virus is actually gone. But when I deleted everything it scanned some of the viruses couldn't be deleted. I'm happy that most of it is gone, but It'd be better if it all went away. I dont want any of the files on my computer. My friend suggested going to System Config. and disabling everything on startup. They thought that if I did this it wouldn't let the virus start and it would be easier for me to delete it. I'm doing this on safemode though, and i'm not sure if I should try deleting it again on Safemode or Regular mode. I'm running on windows XP. I'd be nice to know before doing the 45 scan on Malwarebytes all over again. Yikes Anything that can help me delete this completely would be wonderful. Unfortunately I didn't copy down what files couldn't be deleted and I'm not sure which ones they are, but here is the log from the first scan :

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.39
Database version: 2421
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

8/2/2009 4:23:05 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-02 (16-22-57).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|)
Objects scanned: 136537
Time elapsed: 44 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 13
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{59c7fc09-1c83-4648-b3e6-003d2bbc7481} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{68af847f-6e91-45dd-9b68-d6a12c30e5d7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{9170b96c-28d4-4626-8358-27e6caeef907} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{d1a71fa0-ff48-48dd-9b6d-7a13a3e42127} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{ddb1968e-ead6-40fd-8dae-ff14757f60c7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{f138d901-86f0-4383-99b6-9cdd406036da} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SystemSecurity2009 (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\13353434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\13353434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\13353434\13353434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> No action taken.
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\13353434\13353434.exe (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> No action taken.
c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.
c:\program files\windows live\messenger\riched20.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> No action taken.

I can rescan on Malwarebytes to get exactly what files couldn't be deleted, but I was wondering if I should scan on Safemode or regular? Thanks for your time!

descriptionSystem Security 4.52 EmptyRe: System Security 4.52

more_horiz
Hello Helpmepleaseplease,

Welcome to Geek Police, my name is Origin and I will be helping you today. Please keep the following in mind:

• If you do not get a reply from me or another helper within 2 days, please reply to your topic with the phrase BUMP
  • If you have any cracked/pirated software in your computer delete them or we will not help you.
  • Only follow advise from Geek Police Staff and not a regular member.
  • Do NOT run any tool without Geek Police supervision as it could hinder your system useless.
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

System Security 4.52 2wg6fte

more_horiz
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:50:54 PM, on 8/2/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\engineserver.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\vstskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfevtps.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\CIDGlobalLight.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\ShStat.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Comcast Toolbar - {79CEEA4E-C231-4614-9E3B-53B2A02F39B7} - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\comcastdx.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Comcast Toolbar - {79CEEA4E-C231-4614-9E3B-53B2A02F39B7} - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\comcastdx.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1224027845437
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1224027903890
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {73ECB3AA-4717-450C-A2AB-D00DAD9EE203} (GMNRev Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/install/HPProductDetection.cab
O23 - Service: Comcast AntiSpyware (AntiSpywareService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Engine Service (McAfeeEngineService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\engineserver.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service (mfevtp) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfevtps.exe
O23 - Service: nProtect GameGuard Service (npggsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\GameMon.des.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (ddoctorv2) (sprtsvc_ddoctorv2) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 6370 bytes

more_horiz

• Open HijackThis.
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

more_horiz
Database version: 2547

8/2/2009 6:29:26 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-02 (18-29-26).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 103103
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\setup.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\mommy dearest\local settings\Temp\biwaufKu.exe.part (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\mommy dearest\local settings\Temp\ixyIzW1Y.exe.part (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\mommy dearest\Desktop\setup(2).exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\mommy dearest\Desktop\setup.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

more_horiz
Sorry to double post, but I did another quick scan after a while and got two more threats, here is the log:

8/2/2009 6:58:05 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-02 (18-58-05).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 103051
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 54 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

more_horiz
Hello.

• Download combofix from here
    Link 1
    Link 2

1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
    * Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

System Security 4.52 CF_download_FF

System Security 4.52 CF_download_rename

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
    4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
    5. Close any open browsers.
    6. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

• We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.
  • See HERE for how to disable your AV. (Mcafee)
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
    ***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.

• The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.

System Security 4.52 Rcauto10

• Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
  • Accept the End-User License Agreement.
  • The Recovery Console will be installed.
  • You will then get this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes

System Security 4.52 Whatne10

• Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System Security 4.52 DXwU4
System Security 4.52 VvYDg

more_horiz
ComboFix 09-08-03.03 - Owner 08/03/2009 16:36.1.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.511.250 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Owner\Desktop\Combo-Fix.exe
AV: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {918A2B0B-2C60-4016-A4AB-E868DEABF7F0}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Live Messenger .lnk
c:\documents and settings\Owner\Desktop\Windows Live Messenger .lnk
c:\windows\system32\drivers\hjgruihbodsxml.sys
c:\windows\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll
c:\windows\system32\hjgruinpqsnsod.dat
c:\windows\system32\hjgruitpbpkmby.dll
c:\windows\system32\hjgruixudvyxbo.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Service_hjgruitowqpulh

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-07-03 to 2009-08-03 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-08-02 21:50 . 2009-08-02 21:50 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2009-08-02 19:37 . 2009-08-02 19:37 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-08-02 19:37 . 2009-07-13 17:36 38160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2009-08-02 19:37 . 2009-08-02 22:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-08-02 19:37 . 2009-08-02 19:37 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-08-02 19:37 . 2009-07-13 17:36 19096 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-07-28 19:28 . 2009-07-28 19:28 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iPod
2009-07-28 19:27 . 2009-07-28 19:28 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iTunes
2009-07-28 19:23 . 2009-07-28 19:23 75040 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\iTunes 8.2.1.6\SetupAdmin.exe
2009-07-27 21:43 . 2009-07-27 21:43 152576 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_13\lzma.dll
2009-07-24 05:32 . 2009-07-24 05:51 -------- d-----w- C:\QUARANTINE
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 64432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mferkdet.sys
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 74648 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeapfk.sys
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 42424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 90360 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 62704 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfetdik.sys
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 67904 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mfevtps.exe
2009-07-23 02:48 . 2008-09-29 12:07 340592 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys
2009-07-23 02:47 . 2009-07-23 02:47 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Cisco Systems
2009-07-23 02:47 . 2009-07-23 02:48 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2009-07-23 02:46 . 2009-07-23 02:47 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\McAfee
2009-07-23 02:46 . 2009-07-23 02:46 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\McAfee
2009-07-21 01:12 . 2009-07-21 01:12 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\MSN Font Color Editor
2009-07-10 18:38 . 2009-07-26 02:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Live Safety Center

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-08-03 03:18 . 2008-10-15 23:06 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Live
2009-08-02 23:55 . 2008-10-25 23:14 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Google
2009-08-02 21:23 . 2009-06-03 19:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\scanner
2009-08-02 18:28 . 2009-06-03 20:21 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\comcasttb
2009-08-02 18:27 . 2009-06-06 16:00 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\CallingID
2009-07-28 19:27 . 2008-10-16 03:00 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Apple
2009-07-27 21:45 . 2008-10-23 04:15 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Java
2009-07-10 18:21 . 2009-01-10 05:38 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2009-07-03 17:09 . 2008-04-14 12:00 915456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-06-30 23:51 . 2009-06-30 23:51 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\INCA Shared
2009-06-30 22:09 . 2009-06-30 22:09 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\gPotato.eu
2009-06-16 14:36 . 2008-04-14 12:00 81920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\fontsub.dll
2009-06-16 14:36 . 2008-04-14 12:00 119808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll
2009-06-16 01:41 . 2009-06-03 19:26 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\CallingID
2009-06-16 01:38 . 2009-06-03 19:25 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\comcasttb
2009-06-07 16:34 . 2008-11-06 14:22 36552 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2009-06-07 03:11 . 2009-06-07 03:11 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Ares
2009-06-06 04:24 . 2008-10-15 22:05 36552 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 54652 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmndp.ttf
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 20648 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmnrs.ttf
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 20604 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmnem.ttf
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 20404 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmnfl.ttf
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 19644 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmnemn.ttf
2009-06-06 04:14 . 2009-06-06 04:14 18784 ----a-w- c:\windows\Fonts\pkmnems.ttf
2009-06-05 16:07 . 2008-10-16 03:03 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Apple Computer
2009-06-04 21:59 . 2009-06-04 21:58 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{8CD7F5AF-ECFA-4793-BF40-D8F42DBFF906}
2009-06-04 21:56 . 2008-10-16 03:01 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\QuickTime
2009-06-04 21:55 . 2008-10-16 03:01 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2009-06-04 21:48 . 2009-06-04 21:48 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Bonjour
2009-06-03 19:09 . 2008-04-14 12:00 1291264 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-06-04 13:40 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1t5bj95x.default\extensions\{4E77EDAD-9566-4089-88D1-C81498CEE770}\dtband.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-06-04 13:40 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1t5bj95x.default\extensions\{4E77EDAD-9566-4089-88D1-C81498CEE770}\comcasttb.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-05-26 22:08 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\comcasttb\dtband.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-05-26 22:08 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\comcasttb\comcasttb.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-05-26 22:08 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\comcasttb\dtband.dll
2009-05-26 22:08 . 2009-05-26 22:08 554456 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Mommy Dearest\Application Data\comcasttb\comcasttb.dll
2009-05-07 15:32 . 2008-04-14 12:00 345600 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
2009-07-23 22:36 . 2008-10-16 21:14 134648 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\brwsrcmp.dll
2008-09-29 12:07 . 2009-07-23 02:48 22576 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\Scriptff.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"msnmsgr"="c:\program files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" [2009-02-06 3885408]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-14 15360]
"ares"="c:\program files\Ares\Ares.exe" [2009-02-03 1004544]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"googletalk"="c:\program files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" [2007-01-01 3739648]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2009-05-26 413696]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\McAfeeEngineService]
@="Service"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\AIM6\\aim6.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Ares\\Ares.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\pchealth\\helpctr\\binaries\\HelpCtr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\wlcsdk.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Sync\\WindowsLiveSync.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\javaw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\McAfee\\Common Framework\\FrameworkService.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Talk\\googletalk.exe"=

R2 AntiSpywareService;Comcast AntiSpyware;c:\program files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe [5/5/2009 9:19 AM 616408]
R2 McAfeeEngineService;McAfee Engine Service;c:\program files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\engineserver.exe [9/29/2008 8:07 AM 19456]
R2 mfevtp;McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service;c:\windows\system32\mfevtps.exe [7/22/2009 10:48 PM 67904]
S3 mferkdet;McAfee Inc. mferkdet;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mferkdet.sys [7/22/2009 10:48 PM 64432]
S3 npggsvc;nProtect GameGuard Service;c:\windows\system32\GameMon.des -service --> c:\windows\system32\GameMon.des -service [?]
S4 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;c:\program files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe [10/15/2008 8:11 PM 24652]

--- Other Services/Drivers In Memory ---

*NewlyCreated* - MFEAPFK
*NewlyCreated* - MFEAVFK
*NewlyCreated* - MFEBOPK

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}]
"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" "c:\windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll",BrandIEActiveSetup SIGNUP
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-08-03 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 16:34]
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKCU-Run-Aim6 - (no file)

------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = about:blank
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\we5lxxn6.default\
FF - component: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\components\Scriptff.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npOGAPlugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npViewpoint.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Media Player\npViewpoint.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\NPWLPG.dll

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-08-03 16:42
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\npggsvc]
"ImagePath"="c:\windows\system32\GameMon.des -service"
Completion time: 2009-08-03 16:44
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-08-03 20:44

Pre-Run: 28,867,207,168 bytes free
Post-Run: 29,709,774,848 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

184 --- E O F --- 2009-07-29 14:24

more_horiz
Hello.

• Open HijackThis.
  • When Hijack This opens, click "Open the Misc Tools section"
  • Then select "Open Uninstall Manager"
  • Click on "Save List..." (generates uninstall_list.txt)
  • Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

more_horiz
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Reader 8
Adobe Shockwave Player
AIM 6
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
Ares 2.1.1
Bonjour
Choice Guard
Comcast Desktop Software (v1.2.0.9)
Comcast High-Speed Internet Install Wizard
Comcast Toolbar 3.0
Critical Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB959772)
Desktop Doctor
Google Talk (remove only)
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB954708)
HP Product Detection
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Driver
iTunes
Java(TM) 6 Update 13
Junk Mail filter update
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
McAfee Agent
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft VC9 runtime libraries
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.13)
MSN Font Color Editor 4.2
MSVCRT
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK
Nero 6 Ultra Edition
PowerDVD
QuickTime
Realtek AC'97 Audio
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127-v2)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB960714)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB963027)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB969897)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB969897)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB972260)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923561)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923789)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952004)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958690)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB959426)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960225)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960715)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961371)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961373)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961501)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB968537)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969898)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970238)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971633)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973346)
Segoe UI
Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB971930)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update for Windows XP (KB961503)
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)
Viewpoint Media Player
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Internet Explorer 8
Windows Live Call
Windows Live Communications Platform
Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Live Sync
Windows Live Upload Tool
Windows Live Writer
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
WinRAR archiver

more_horiz
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs.

• Adobe Reader 8
  • Ares 2.1.1
  • Java(TM) 6 Update 13
  • Viewpoint Media Player

Please run a full scan with Malwarebytes and post the results back here.

more_horiz

8/4/2009 8:59:41 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-04 (20-59-35).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 134549
Time elapsed: 30 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Files Infected: 6

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Qoobox\quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\hjgruikrmpjxji.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
c:\Qoobox\quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\hjgruitpbpkmby.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
c:\Qoobox\quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hjgruihbodsxml.sys.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
c:\system volume information\_restore{16ced59f-af34-4a92-b246-2839c6ee3a76}\RP92\A0022706.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
c:\system volume information\_restore{16ced59f-af34-4a92-b246-2839c6ee3a76}\RP92\A0022707.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
c:\system volume information\_restore{16ced59f-af34-4a92-b246-2839c6ee3a76}\RP92\A0022708.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.

more_horiz
Hello.
Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /u

System Security 4.52 CF_Cleanup

This will also reset your restore points.

How is the machine running now?

more_horiz
Kay, that uninstalled ComboFix [it's supposed to..right?]

Actually my computer is working really well! Thank you guys so much for all of your help! ^^ I'll def. come here when I have compu problems. Thanks again! <3

more_horiz
Yes, it uninstalls Combofix.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum