WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSecurity System Malware Help EmptySecurity System Malware Help

more_horiz
Hello,

I am trying to remove Security System malware from my gf's computer. The computer in question has been rendered useless by it. I am using my laptop as I cannot connect to the internet on the infected computer. I have similar symptoms other users have posted: Can't open firefox, cannot bring up taskmanager, malwarebyte's am will not install, my PC Tools AV (Free) won't open, etc.

I got a 2GB USB drive for transferring files. I am hoping to resolve this problem with your help. I have been to multiple websites and forums and I got pointed here. Your help is much appreciated and will also get me out of the doghouse.

The infected computer is a Dimension 5100 running XP.

Thanks in advance, JK

descriptionSecurity System Malware Help EmptyRe: Security System Malware Help

more_horiz
Hello.
See if you can download and run Hijack This from this link:
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/932rpd

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Security System Malware Help DXwU4
Security System Malware Help VvYDg

more_horiz
ok, im here. I'll give it a go. There's no wireless in this home so I am sharing the ethernet cable with the infected computer. Let me reconnect and give it a try.

more_horiz
I cannot get it to go to the internet for anything. I opened up a window in xp and tried to type in the address and I get nothing.

This is the worst I have ever seen.

more_horiz
Okay, you may need to download the file and transport is via USB, but it should run once on the infected machine.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I have copied winlogon on to the desktop and it fails to open it everytime.

If I restore the system to an earlier date (assuming its possible) will it eliminate the virus?

If I format the hard drive where can I find a recovery disk?

I do not have one. This computer was purchased in 2005, for long I have said it is time to replace but there's still useful life and therefore it is still around.

more_horiz
Please do the following in Safe Mode with Networking: as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.) Once in the start up menu, select "Safe Mode with Networking", then try running Hijack This from safe mode.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum