WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow do I change a disk volume? EmptyHow do I change a disk volume?

more_horiz
I had a very nasty virus that was unremovable. I tried to reload the operating system and reformat the hard drive BUT, the computer is dumping the XP program and all follow on programs I reload into a tiny 5GB drive (I) part of a volume on the c drive...

How do I force the PC to put the programs where they belong? How can expand the volume, which is now defined as a boot volume?

????

descriptionHow do I change a disk volume? EmptyRe: How do I change a disk volume?

more_horiz
Hello,

For you to change the size of the partition, all data will be erased. Programs will also by default install on the partition with Windows on it, I don't think you are able to change this.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How do I change a disk volume? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHow do I change a disk volume? EmptyRe: How do I change a disk volume?

more_horiz
I have wiped the disk. Now I am trying to reload the operating system...

more_horiz
Ok now that you have a clean drive! Right click on My Computer and click on manage. This should open computer management. On the left hand side find the Storage folder, you are now in Disk Management. Right click on your hard drive and designate it as the primary partition. Right click the C:\ drive and click "Shrink Volume" In the box where it asks you how much you want to shrink it, enter the size you want the new partition to be. Now there should be something different next to where the C:\ drive was showing up. Right click that area and format the partition. Personally mine is NTFS, but it doesn't really matter in this contest. You should then be able to right click the new partition and extend the memory to that partition.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum