WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP EmptyHelp! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP

more_horiz
I've read a lot of posts and tried lots of things but nothing downloads properly because I keep getting "infected" prompts from the computer. Like everyone else I can't access any programs and the aggravating "warnings" keep popping up. I'm about to lose my mind because I have a letter due tomorrow and I can't use anything on my computer! Please help!

descriptionHelp! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP EmptyRe: Help! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP

more_horiz
Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Will IceSword open?

Let me know if you cannot extract it and get the false alert again, and I will give you a unzipped copy.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Help! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP DXwU4
Help! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP VvYDg

descriptionHelp! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP EmptyRe: Help! I need to remove System Security 2009 from XP

more_horiz
I'm getting a "Forbidden" message like you would from a filtered out website. Now what?

more_horiz
Hmm, are you able to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
When I click on "here" my internet link completely shuts down and I have to get it back up and go through the process to get back to here. I tried it three times and it kicked me off all 3 times! Any other suggestions?

more_horiz
Yep. I know how to beat this, a new hole has been found it in, which we can use.

I have renamed and uploaded IceSword here for you. I have to rename it to a Windows filename, otherwise this infection will notice it and block it like the rest.

http://rapidshare.com/files/245748362/winlogon.exe

Let me know if that one will open.

more_horiz
Everything downloaded and then the alert came up and said the .exe was infected and nothing opened! You're a saint for trying to help me! Any other ideas?

more_horiz
I just went back and tried it one more time and Ice Sword just came up!!!!! Now what do I do?

more_horiz

• Open IceSword again.
  • Then look in the left hand bottom of the program and press "Registry"
  • When the registry list opens, drag the line between the two windows so you can see which registry hive you need.
  • Next, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

• Now look in the right side pane for two run values that are just random numbers.
  • Once you have found the value(s), right click it and press "Delete"
  • Okay the prompt and close IceSword.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum