WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDell Inspiron E1405 EmptyDell Inspiron E1405

more_horiz
When i went to plug my laptop in it would not charge. the light on the power supply comes on but not the one on the laptop saying that it is taking a charge. I had it plugged in like 6 hours before and it worked fine. What could i do to help fix this problem?

descriptionDell Inspiron E1405 EmptyRe: Dell Inspiron E1405

more_horiz
did you ever plug in your charger when the battery is half full? because that can destroy the amount of space used to charge your laptop

more_horiz
No i only charged it when it was 25% or lower

more_horiz
then thats also enough to destroy the battery because if you dont use all of your battery power and you charge it, then the battery power that was originally in the battery will become useless and therefore it cannot hold a charge anymore

more_horiz
Usually I can plug in my laptop and use it without the battery pack connected and It will work but now it dosen't even register that the charger is even there

more_horiz
did you drop the laptop or did anybody did any damage to your laptop?

more_horiz
Not that I know of it has been in my hands at all times i never let anyone toutch it for the risk of anything happening

more_horiz
i think u have to check with your manufacturer to see what is happening...probably your battery is old and its starting to lose hold of charges...but again, its better if u contact ur manufacturer

more_horiz
ill try them again last time i contacted them they just wanted me to get a new laptop

descriptionDell Inspiron E1405 EmptyGot it

more_horiz
I figured it out! I went to geek squad and they tested it with a brand new charger and it worked. My friends charger that he had worked when his laptop fell in the pool but like most dell chargers quit working over a short period of time. And that' why it wouldnt work on my laptop.

Thanks computerkid1328 for all your help...

Last edited by thinkfire01 on 13th June 2009, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a thank you)

more_horiz
no problem

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum