WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionprogramming Emptyprogramming

more_horiz
hello,

i wish to learn how to program a computer, can you suggest any good tuturials.

descriptionprogramming EmptyRe: programming

more_horiz
i wish to learn how to program a computer

I didn't really get that line. Programming is very general, software or web?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

programming Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
If I take it directly, it seems like he wants to learn assembly language. 00100010101010011100111?

............................................................................................

programming Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
I'm currently using a C++ tutorial online. Just google c++ tutorial and it should be the first site shown.

more_horiz
Ok, what kind of Language do you want to learn, don't do binary, if you want to program web related stuff do XML, HTML, XHTML, PHP, ASP, MySQL, and those kind of languages, if you want to program software, either C++, Java, and those sorta languages, if you want to make an operating system (good luck) but you could try win32api but you won't get far if you are just starting, learn a simpler language like C++ or C# before you go for programming "computers" as you put it.

Hope this helped.

more_horiz
Windows.7.Tester wrote:
Ok, what kind of Language do you want to learn, don't do binary, if you want to program web related stuff do XML, HTML, XHTML, PHP, ASP, MySQL, and those kind of languages, if you want to program software, either C++, Java, and those sorta languages, if you want to make an operating system (good luck) but you could try win32api but you won't get far if you are just starting, learn a simpler language like C++ or C# before you go for programming "computers" as you put it.

Hope this helped.

Good advice. I think I'm going to go that route.

more_horiz
Don't forget the extra scripting languages like Python or batch or Ruby etc...

programming Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
Also, Agent Cosmic, assembly is not the 00101010101010101 numbers, that is binary.

And no, they are not the same.

more_horiz
Actually it's related because "mov" is referring to the underlying binary code represented by itself.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

programming Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I donot think C++ is simple languge...
But first u need to decide what you wanna learn and what you want to create/program. Web/Software etc.
then if its your first time on programming then find a simple book for beginner.
My suggestion is not to read book all the time. Cause books keep u in one way. I suggest u to find more information online and try read and understand sample codes(many ways for one thing)

more_horiz
C++ is the way to go if you want to learn how to program, but if you are just a beginner without any programming background once so ever, then you might want to try something easier like VB or C# or one of that sort, because C++ is used to make 99.9% of games and 90% of all applications, so it is widely used, but is harder and longer to understand it fully enough to use it for a good purpose other than just to make console apps to show off to your friends with.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum