WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionvista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY? Emptyvista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY?

more_horiz
hey my pc worked fine until recently when i tried to overclock my pc from 3.4 to 3.8ghz i had been running my cpu on 3.4 ghz for ages now (stable) and when i tried 3.8ghz it failed to boot.after having restored everything to default in the bios, i booted up windows and i tried to enter sleep mode but when i do, the screen goes black and then it goes in to the log in screen, it doesn't go to sleep anymore.its like it goes into sleep mode for 2seconds and then automatically wakes up again with out me touching anything.also when i try to over clock my pc back to 3.4ghz in the bios the settings are fine.but when i go into vista and check the cpu speed its still at 2.8ghz.It wont overclock anymore for some reason.
please help

vista 32bit
gigabyte x48 ds5
q9550 2.8ghz stock
seagate barracuda 7200.11 320gb sata II
gtx285 inno3d overclocked to 710/1340
patriot ram 800mhz 2x2gb
750watt thermaltake powersupply.
thermaltake bigwater760i watercooloing system

descriptionvista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY? EmptyRe: vista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY?

more_horiz
Not to sure on this one. It MIGHT be some sort of cooling issue, but I am not 100% sure. Always keep in mind, CPU's were not made to be overclocked, and Vista is really picky!

descriptionvista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY? EmptyRe: vista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY?

more_horiz
Hello makavelijm,

Are you running McAFee antivirus? Or any other security softwares? I suspect that it is causing this problem.

Temporarily uninstall any antivirus/anti spyware programs and see if this problem still happens.

Let me know.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

vista automaticly resumes sleep mode.WHY? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
hey thanks for the reply, im running norton 360.i
i don't understand could this have something to do with the bios??

it happened after i overclocked it, but my temps where always good.(below 45c).

i uninstalled all the anti virus soft ware.malwarebytes and norton .still no go on sleep mode.

more_horiz
I have heard before that McAFee can cause sleep mode to resume to normal mode. But since you uninstalled Norton 360, I don't think it's causing the problem.

Can you check the BIOS settings, if there is an option something like "wake up from keyboard" Disable anything similar to that.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
i have disabled all the wake up options in bios,
i have disabled all wake up options in the power options as well.

My over clock isn't registering in the os anymore either.and fails to reboot after a high overclock of 3.1, which really is low.any higher than that and i have to manually reboot the system.

my mobo has duel bios encase one is damaged , do you thing i damaged both?

but if that did happen i wouldn't be able to boot right?
i contacted gigabyte on the matter they were little help.
any other ideas?

more_horiz
I don't think it ash to do with your BIOS. My thoughts would be that your Windows is corrupted or certain files missing. Can you try a repair install of Windows?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum