WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan Wolfram Alpha take on Google? EmptyCan Wolfram Alpha take on Google?

more_horiz
Millions of web users have Google’s search engine as the homepage on their computer. It’s the first thing they see when they switch their machine on and their first port of call whenever they need to find the answer to a question.

Such is Google’s dominance of the search space that any attempt to launch a rival platform is often met with a mixture of bemusement and sympathy. The problem, as many companies quickly discover, is that it’s almost impossible to beat Google at its own game. Instead, what’s needed is a fresh approach to search which can supplement Google while also carving out its own niche.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/5319890/Can-Wolfram-Alpha-take-on-Google.html

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Can Wolfram Alpha take on Google? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionCan Wolfram Alpha take on Google? EmptyRe: Can Wolfram Alpha take on Google?

more_horiz
This should be interesting Smile...

descriptionCan Wolfram Alpha take on Google? EmptyRe: Can Wolfram Alpha take on Google?

more_horiz
Wolfram Alpha is not a Google killer, and it won't take over Google.

Whereas Google is a 'search' engine, Wolfram is an 'answer' engine. It isn't designed to replace Google, it's a mere alternative to search.

For example, you can search Google for 'Mark Twain', and it will bring up an entire plethora of results, no doubt. In Wolfram, you would search for something a bit more specific - "What was Mark Twain's real name?", and it will simply say: "Samuel Langhorne Clemens", with a list of sources from the web.

Fantastic idea, but it isn't a search engine.

Quoted from someone else but I agree.

more_horiz
Yep, sounds good to me, but it hardly seems to know anything I want.

............................................................................................

Can Wolfram Alpha take on Google? Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
tested wolfram, its just like an online dictionary.
google's stil gud for me.+ LMBO or ROFL Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum