WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionXP stuck on Preparing Network Connections EmptyXP stuck on Preparing Network Connections

more_horiz
AVG recently found a trojan on my system, and said it was removed after doing a full system scan. After restarting, Windows XP is stuck on the "preparing network connections" screen.

Anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks in advance!

descriptionXP stuck on Preparing Network Connections EmptyRe: XP stuck on Preparing Network Connections

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice!

This used to be a common problem in Windows 2000. Are you able to boot into Safe mode with networking?

I need you to download the latest Windows updates and service packs.

One more thing, are you using nvidia or ATI integrated graphics?

descriptionXP stuck on Preparing Network Connections EmptyRe: XP stuck on Preparing Network Connections

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply.

I was able to boot into safe mode and grab some needed files. I decided just to go with a format/reinstall (barely had anything on the system yet). Everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks again!

more_horiz
I have the same problem but cant boot in safe mode. My comp is a emachine el1200 xp home sp3 but the comp cam with no disc what do i do?

more_horiz
Hello bigmandsm, welcome to GeekPolice!

Are you able to boot into safe mode with networking?

If possible, try this:

1. Start Menu > Run > type regedit.exe
2. Navigate to the following locations in Registry :-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
point to "Services" key > File Menu > Export > and save this file name it "Services.reg"

3. Then goto the following locatiosn: -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal
point to "Minimal" key > File Menu > Export > and save this file name it "Minimal.reg"

4. Now edit the Minimal.reg file in Wordpad and find the following: -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal]

and replace all with: -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services]

5. Save this file (minimal.reg) and double click on it.

6. Restart the system. Your system should start now in Normal Mode.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum