WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionrustock trojan Emptyrustock trojan

more_horiz
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:57:49 AM, on 2/22/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
E:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
E:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgam.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe
E:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Recently Downloaded\HiJackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - E:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Foxit Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - E:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OODefragTray] E:\WINDOWS\system32\oodtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "E:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] E:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - E:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.39,85.255.112.40
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.39,85.255.112.40
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - E:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: nTune Service (nTuneService) - NVIDIA - E:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - E:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - E:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe

--
End of file - 3820 bytes

descriptionrustock trojan EmptyRe: rustock trojan

more_horiz
Hello.

I strongly recommend you to remove Ask from your computer because it's:

• Promoting its toolbars on sites targeted to kids.
  • Promoting its toolbars through ads that appear to be part of other companies' sites.
  • Promoting its toolbars through other companies' spyware.
  • Installing without any disclosure whatsoever and without any consent whatsoever.
  • Soliciting installations via "deceptive door openers" that do not accurately describe the offer; failing to affirmatively show a license agreement; linking to a EULA via an off-screen link.
  • Making confusing changes to users' browsers -- increasing Ask's revenues while taking users to pages they didn't intend to visit.
See Here for more info.

If you choose to follow my recommendation then please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.

• AskBarDis
Then please find and delete this folder in bold (if present):
C:\Program Files\AskBarDis

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines: (all of these may not be present, so just get rid of the ones that are)

O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - E:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Foxit Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - E:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.39,85.255.112.40
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.112.39,85.255.112.40

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
rustock trojan DXwU4
rustock trojan VvYDg

more_horiz
after i initially ran hijackthis i immediately deleted askbar and foxit toolbar. i then followed your instructions as written. i ran into one snap and that was being unable to update malwarebyte. i also couldn't update spybot search and destroy or avg. so i went onto another pc on my network and it had no trouble updating and obviously i'm connected to the internet. anyway here is the results from running malwarebyte...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1749
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

2/22/2009 4:16:22 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-22 (16-16-22).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 54562
Time elapsed: 59 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\freshplay (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
E:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\iamfamous.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\gaopdxiyftybir.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

more_horiz
Hello.
Lets have a look around.

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
  • Double click DDS.scr to run
  • When complete, DDS.txt will open.
  • Save the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
rustock trojan DXwU4
rustock trojan VvYDg

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

rustock trojan Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum