WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnable to update Antivirus EmptyUnable to update Antivirus

more_horiz
Sorry, I started a new topic with the same problem as I am unable to correct it without your help....please see this and you will know the complete problem :

http://www.geekpolice.net/internet-networking-f8/unable-to-install-kaspersky-t6553.htm

My internet service provider's home page is "www.reliancebroadband.co.in".
Previously when I used to open that mentioned address in firefox. It opened and then there I have to put my user ID (provided by net service provider) and my password and then by pressing enter key I was able to use Internet.

But then it started giving problem in opening "www.reliancebroadband.co.in".
And a technician came from Reliance and opened My documents then wrote 220.224.142.229 in address bar there then pressed enter and suddenly my Internet Service Provider's home page opened in firefox. Since then I am using the same thing to access my net. But I want to fix this as it is giving problem in updation of Antivirus (Avira).

What should I do?

descriptionUnable to update Antivirus EmptyRe: Unable to update Antivirus

more_horiz
We are just gonna be chasing our tails and troubleshooting this one for weeks as too much water has already flowed under the bridge.

Since you formatted not so long ago, I would seriously consider a new format and 'clean install' of the OS and this time dont try and install any cracked security software that may cause re-infection.

After the doing the deed, get an effective freeware AV from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads29.html

Regards

more_horiz
Thanks, that i will do.

more_horiz
No probs...

After you format, dont install any programs accept for an AV and a software firewall..... I would recommend you install either Avira or Avast free, downloaded from the link i supplied you.

Connect to the network and update them, then post me a HJT log here!

If they update ok, then you can start installing your favorite apps one by one making sure to update your security software after each install.

If you run into update problems after an install of another application, you will have found your culprit!

Let me know how you go and I will watch this thread and be here to help you out if you have any questions at all!

Good Luck

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum