WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan EmptyProblem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan

more_horiz
On Monday the 19th, I removed the newly expired Norton 2005 from my computer (Windows XP Home). I downloaded the latest version of Avira Antivir Personal and ran a system scan. About half-way through, a window pops up saying a "virus or unwanted program had been found!" (4 total) so I select "Move to quarantine", hit "OK" and the number moves up to 5. I select "delete" and the number increased to 6. I tried downloading a simple Crypt Removal Tool. The file would download 99% of the way, then the same "virus or unwanted program had been found!" window would pop up, identifying the Removal Tool file as a Trojan Horse. I downloaded the CRT file onto another computer, burned it to disk, and tried to open it on the "infected" computer (after changing the file name). Once again, the AntiVir Guard window pops up and identifies the newly renamed removal tool as a Trojan Horse.

Not sure if the file downloaded from Cnet Download.com was corrupt, or something else on my computer may be configured improperly creating false positives, but I am totally stuck here and don't want to make things any worse. 3 of the files I was able to identify are TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan, TR/Crypt.E.1 Trojan and the renamed removal tool file, TR/Drop.fra.5163372 Trojan. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

descriptionProblem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan EmptyRe: Problem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan

more_horiz
Please read here and post a Hijack This log.
http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Problem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan DXwU4
Problem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan VvYDg

descriptionProblem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan EmptyRe: Problem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Problem getting rid of TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen Trojan Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum