WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblems with keyboard and shortcuts EmptyProblems with keyboard and shortcuts

more_horiz
Hi GP... Not really sure where this fits, but anyway.

I have an ASUS lU6E PC Laptop but am currently eperiencing an annoying technical problem with the keyboard.

When I push a few selecet keys, they do more than what it is intended to do.

These include:

Pushing the "N" key and getting the same effect as pushing the "F11"+"N" key (as in it types an "N" but also fullscreens)

Pushing the "X" key and getting the same effect as the "F1" key.

Pushing the "F11" key and getting the same effect as pushing the "N"+"F11" key (as in it fullscreens but also types and "N")

Pushing the "Del" key deletes one character but skips the over the next character and the left arrow key does the same thing. Holding either one of them deletes the first character whilst the cursor rolls over the rest of the characters until I let go or it reaches the end of the txt.

Pushing the down arrow key scrolls down if held but if pushed again whilst int he middle of a page, reacts the same as pushing the "Home" key and jumps to the top of the page again but scrolls down after jumpin back to the top (the same thing happens when I push the "Home" key)

Pushing the "Esc" key scrolls up.

That's all I've found so far but they're VERY ANNOYING >___<

Please help me GP

Many, MANY thanks

Ivan

descriptionProblems with keyboard and shortcuts EmptyRe: Problems with keyboard and shortcuts

more_horiz
I've got a friend who is in the IT industry to re-install VISTA hoping it would neutralize all m shortcuts but it's still the same.

This laptop was't bougt very long ago and is relatively new.

Thanks Smile...

descriptionProblems with keyboard and shortcuts EmptyRe: Problems with keyboard and shortcuts

more_horiz
Because its a keyboard issue, lets swing this over to the hardware section although it could also be interpreted as a software issue because of the commands issued behind the keystrokes, but lets not make a headache out of it.

I have downloaded the user manual for your model notebook (U6E series) from the asus website and have uploaded it to rapidshare for you to grab.

Here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/180987577/E3354.pdf.html

I had a quick look through some of the keyboard settings and these two functions stuck out a bit but im not sure entirely if there related to your issue.

Problems with keyboard and shortcuts 84885972zf9

Download the manual and have a good look through the settings that are keyboard related and experiment with some of the functions listed to see if that helps you to resolve anything!

GoodLuck!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum