WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet EmptyMy wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet

more_horiz
I have two computers connected to the internet; one directly connected to the Linksys Router which stays connected to the net , and the other using a WSB300N linksys wireless adapter which loses it's connection on a routine basis.

I downloaded all the recent drivers for the wireless adapter and yet the signal strength will begin to weaken and eventually die. Once it dies it won't see any network untill i completly shut down the machine and restart and then i can reconnect for about 30 minutes untill the problem starts again.

Is there a fix to this? I'm thinking i need to chuck linksys all together.

And my Router model number is WRT300N. It's a wireless-N broadband linksys Router.

descriptionMy wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet EmptyRe: My wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet

more_horiz
joey wrote:
I have two computers connected to the internet; one directly connected to the Linksys Router which stays connected to the net , and the other using a WSB300N linksys wireless ar dapter which loses it's connection on a routine basis.

OK.....I need to understand your setups topography better!

Do you mean that one computer is connected to the router via ethernet cable, and the other is a wireless connection?

If this is the case, can you provide me with a screen image of your network connections and i can try to determine if the adaptor is switching between available connections which is usually the case from what you have explained to me!

An example of what i need:

My wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet 75160110vp5

Regards

descriptionMy wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet EmptyRe: My wireless WSB300N linksys adapter won't stay connected to the internet

more_horiz
Yes my 1st computer is hard wired to the Router and the 2nd computer is wireless.

I don't know how to post pics here. Do i have to host an image?

more_horiz
No problem!

http://www.geekpolice.net/general-talk-f44/post-your-desktop-t3.htm?highlight=how+to+post+images

See Doctor Inferno's great tutorial (4th post down) on how this is done!

Regards

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum