WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSwitching from Vista to Windows XP, how? EmptySwitching from Vista to Windows XP, how?

more_horiz
I'm wondering if you can have Vista and switch to Windows XP. If anyone can, could you post a tut on it, please. Smile...

Also, let's say if your computer is 64 bit, do you have to do anything extra?

Thanks Smile...

descriptionSwitching from Vista to Windows XP, how? EmptyRe: Switching from Vista to Windows XP, how?

more_horiz
The best way to get XP is :

• Put Windows XP CD inside CD/DVD Rom.
  • In BIOS set CD-Rom as Primary Slave, and Hard Disc as Secondary slave.
  • When you get message " Press any key to boot from CD " press anything.
  • Now wait and follow the messages.

I pretty sure you know how to install Windows XP. I think there is no way to change Vista into XP, or XP into Vista ( maybe with themes, like brico pack, vistamizer , ...).
The best way to do that, install System again. Chose your favorite, Vista or XP.
XP include 64 bit too.

............................................................................................

Switching from Vista to Windows XP, how? V45u80

descriptionSwitching from Vista to Windows XP, how? EmptyRe: Switching from Vista to Windows XP, how?

more_horiz
Nazzgull wrote:

• Put Windows XP CD inside CD/DVD Rom.
  • When you get message " Press any key to boot from CD " press anything.
  • Now wait and follow the messages.

I pretty sure you know how to install Windows XP. I think there is no way to change Vista into XP, or XP into Vista ( maybe with themes, like brico pack, vistamizer , ...).
The best way to do that, install System again. Chose your favorite, Vista or XP.
XP include 64 bit too.

Thanks.

I didn't mean turn Vista into XP. I meant how to switch from Vista to Windows XP..

more_horiz
Im sorry, but that just isnt possible.

more_horiz
Actually you can just insert your XP CD, restart your computer and install it.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Switching from Vista to Windows XP, how? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Actually you can just insert your XP CD, restart your computer and install it.

Yeah LMBO or ROFL

more_horiz
I don't have the CD.. lol

I downloaded it off the internet Goofy

So would I put it on a CD or flash drive? lol

more_horiz
Burn it on CD, as Bootable CD.

more_horiz
You can burn it to a cd as bootable and also u can have multi booted with both vista and xp..i am saying this because my friend have like this

more_horiz
Your referring to dual booting vista with XP!

Vista installed first:

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

XP installed first:

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_xp__stepbystep_guide_with_screenshots.htm

Regards

more_horiz
Nazzgull wrote:

How do you do this?

more_horiz
Boot into your BIOS by pressing Del at boot up. Find a option to set the DVD/CD drive as a Primary slave.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Switching from Vista to Windows XP, how? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum