WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help Empty"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help

more_horiz
I keep getting this pop up and it says "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" and i was wondering if you guys can help me. Thank you

description"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help EmptyRe: "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help

more_horiz
Also everytime i open a file to drag out, i get that error and it doesnt let me drag any files out./

description"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help EmptyRe: "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help

more_horiz
Quoted from a Microsoft technical support professional.

Well there is no resolution for this issue as in for now

I'll try and see what I can do.

I guess this has something to do with UAC enabled. To disable it;

Open Control Panel and Show All Control Panel Items >> Click User Accounts >> Click Turn User Account Control on or off

Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

Do you by the way have StompSoft installed?

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 12th December 2008, 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
its still popping up..and i dont knwo why

more_horiz
this is what i see when i click problem and report solutions

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Fault Module Name: xvid.ax
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e86de1e
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0003dd11
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 647081140

more_horiz
Do you have StompSoft installed? Or did you recently uninstall Windows Defender? Or this you recently remove/install xvid?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
i dont have stompsoft installed. Windows Defender is there already, i didnt need to install it and i did not install any xvid recently. I recently installed Advance system care and CC cleaner, but the probelm seemed to come up when i installed CC cleaner, so i uninstalled it. Yet the problem still continues to happen. if i restore it to a later point, will it fix the problem?

more_horiz
Yes it might. You can try that first, if not try this:

Digital Vault version 5.1.5.0 and earlier versions are incompatible with Vista. These versions cause Windows Explorer to crash. Version 5.1.5.1 is compatible with Vista. To update Digital Vault to version 5.1.5.1, follow these steps.

1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and then click Start Task Manager.

2. In Task Manager, click the Application tab, and then click New Task.

3. In the Create New Task dialog box, type iexplore.exe and then click OK.

4. In Internet Explorer, visit the following Migo Software site: http://migosoftware.com/support/portal/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=38&nav=0,4

5. Follow the instructions on the Web site to install the update.

6. Restart the computer.

more_horiz
I dont really understand the instruction, sorry im a noob

more_horiz
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL (on your keyboard), and then click Start Task Manager.

You will be presented with the following screen:

"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help Untitl20

2. In Task Manager, click the Application tab, and then click New

3. In the Create New Task dialog box, type iexplore.exe and then click OK.

Task."Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Error Please help Untitl21

4. In Internet Explorer, visit the following Migo Software site: http://migosoftware.com/support/portal/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=38&nav=0,4

5. Follow the instructions on the Web site to install the update.

6. Restart the computer.

more_horiz
i go tthe first 3 steps but the steps on the is a little difficult to understand.. Thank you so much for your help

more_horiz
i dont know what i did...but i disabled all the add ons that i had on IE (even though i dont use IE, i use Firefox) but i think the problem is fix. If anything else proceeds, ill post again..>Thanks for all your help again

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum