WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered EmptyNew Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered

more_horiz
Script Fragmentation Attack Could Allow Hackers to Dodge Anti-virus Detection

Stephan Chenette of Websense describes a new Internet attack vector that could allow hackers to bypass anti-virus protection at both the gateway and the desktop. The technique, called script fragmentation, involves breaking down malware into smaller pieces in order to beat malware analysis engines. Web 2.0 requires new ways of thinking about browser security.

Security researcher Stephan Chenette opened up to eWEEK about a new Web attack vector that could potentially render desktop and gateway anti-virus products useless.

Chenette, manager of security research at Websense, calls the attack script fragmentation. Similar to TCP fragmentation attacks, it involves breaking down Web exploits into smaller pieces and distributing them in a synchronous manner to evade anti-malware signature detection.

"What this attack enables you to do is really get exploit code from the server into the browser memory and trigger the exploit," Chenette said. "Once you actually are able to trigger that exploit, you own that machine, so that means you can disable anti-virus, you can disable any protection mechanism after the fact."

How will botnets change tactics to stay active?

More:
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Script-Fragmentation-Attack-Could-Allow-Hackers-to-Dodge-AntiVirus-Detection/

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered DXwU4
New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered VvYDg

descriptionNew Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered EmptyRe: New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered

more_horiz
Wow, you think we will be facing some difficulties later?

............................................................................................

New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

descriptionNew Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered EmptyRe: New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered

more_horiz
Nope, we have Jerry by ourside. He knows about this technique, I doubt it will beat us. Smile...

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered DXwU4
New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered VvYDg

more_horiz
well said^^^

u aint 2 bad urself....

New Anti-Virus Evasion Technique Discovered Educat10

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum