WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time

+8
Twist154
vikneshwaren
.:vikas:.
fatguy
Agent Cosmic
Sir $wat
gloriafairy
Doctor Inferno
12 posters

descriptionTest Your Computer's Reboot Time EmptyTest Your Computer's Reboot Time

more_horiz
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time 2rr9gfd

This works for both XP & Vista

1. Open Notepad and copy everything in the code box below and paste it in Notepad.

Code:

Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next
Dim Wsh, Time1, Time2, Result, PathFile, MsgResult, MsgA, AppName, KeyA, KeyB, TimeDiff
MsgA = "Please close all running applications and click on OK."
KeyA = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RestartTime\"
KeyB = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\RestartTime"
AppName = "[GeekPolice] Reboot Time"
Set Wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
PathFile = """" & WScript.ScriptFullName & """"
Result = wsh.RegRead(KeyA & "Times")
if Result = "" then
MsgResult = Msgbox (MsgA, vbOKCancel, AppName)
If MsgResult = vbcancel then WScript.Quit
Wsh.RegWrite KeyA & "Times", left(Time,8), "REG_SZ"
Wsh.RegWrite KeyB, PathFile, "REG_SZ"
Wsh.Run "cmd /c Shutdown -r -t 00", false, 0
else
Wsh.RegDelete KeyA & "Times"
Wsh.RegDelete KeyA
Wsh.RegDelete KeyB
TimeDiff = DateDiff("s",Result,left(Time,8))
MsgBox "Your computer reboots in " & TimeDiff & " seconds", VbInformation, AppName
end if
wscript.Quit

2. Save the file as Reboot Time.vbs on anywhere, your desktop for example. You can choose to save the file as any name you want, just make sure the file ends with a .vbs extension.

How to use
  • Double click on the script file you saved.
  • Close all the running applications and click the OK button in the dialog box.

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time T7mpht

• The computer will reboot and when Windows and a dialog box will open displaying the time your computer took to reboot.

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time 2rr9gfd

...And share your results here!

How it works:

In order to calculate the time of rebooting Windows, we will use a VB Script (Visual BASIC Scripting Edition). Let us learn first how it works. The script writes a value in the registry (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Current Version\run) so that it can be started again when booting. Later, another value containing the time is written in the registry when the reboot starts. While rebooting, the script records the hour in a variable then checks if the first value containing the time exists. If so, it is then enough to compare two times in order to obtain the time of rebooting. Then, the two keys added to the registry are removed (the run key and the key where the time is stored).

If you wan to learn how to get a boot up time like mine, check this tutorial out: Use Multiple CPUs At Boot Up (Faster Boot up)

Script Source

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 28th November 2008, 3:10 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : More information added.)

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionTest Your Computer's Reboot Time EmptyRe: Test Your Computer's Reboot Time

more_horiz
Cool script doc. I got 109 seconds

descriptionTest Your Computer's Reboot Time EmptyRe: Test Your Computer's Reboot Time

more_horiz
gonna try this jus now...

............................................................................................

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Educat10

more_horiz
Nice. I got this:

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Reboot10

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
i got 81 seconds...

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Educat10

more_horiz
97 seconds

more_horiz
nice script

more_horiz
I've got 106 secs Hooray!

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikikascopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikiphotoshopcopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Yahoovikicopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikimsncopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikiskypecopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikifirefoxcopy
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Vikigamercopy

more_horiz
Sweet, 62 seconds even after going through 2 separate duel boot loaders... WooT!

more_horiz
Cool script Right On! 75 seconds, here.

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Rebootb

more_horiz
I used a couple tweaks courtesy of Agent Cosmic from here and shaved 7 seconds.

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Reboot2g

more_horiz
nice and thanks for this... Bow or Thanks

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Ezpfnd

i guess it take quite long...isn't it? now how can i make it more faster...LOL Goofy

more_horiz
Suppose, when i come across the logon screen where i'm ask'd to enter password, i enter it after 5 min. Then will this extra time be added to the reboot time or its neglected?

Previously 'Ranjan'.

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Gpa-st13

Safety and Peace upon you.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted!

more_horiz
I guess so. Why don't you try and let us know. :smile2:

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Ok dokey Doc.. Will try and let y'all know...

Previously 'Ranjan'.

more_horiz
Hah! I was right. That does matter. :cool2:

Password set to off- 64s
Password set to on and after waiting for sometime at the logon screen- 220s

Previously 'Ranjan'.

more_horiz
sorry to bump this but does it work on windows 7, if not whats the best way to test it?

more_horiz
Test Your Computer's Reboot Time Reboot-1

Wait WHUUT? 11 seconds??? Holy Harddrive Batman!

nLited XP SP3 in V-Box, Win 7 x64 Host

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum