WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionJust bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!! EmptyJust bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!!

more_horiz
ok i just bought WoW yesterday from gamestop, after the 2 hours of installing and updating it im finally ready to play. I went to log in and it took about 10 seconds and then it said unable to connect. I did everything that the help menu says and i still dont know whats up and why it won't connect. My internet is fine so i was wonderin if any u guys can help me out here cause everyday im not playin is eating away at my money

descriptionJust bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!! EmptyRe: Just bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!!

more_horiz
If you are having problems connecting to the World of Warcraft servers, please try the following steps one at a time and then attempt to connect again, as each step has the potential of solving the connection issue.

Step 1:

Please go to the Realm status page, as well as the Realm Status Forum and check the status of the game servers before continuing to more advanced troubleshooting steps. If the servers are indicated as being unavailable, please try your connection again at a later time. If the page indicates that the servers are available, or if you cannot reach the page to check the status, please continue on to the next step.

Step 2: IP Release/Renew, Flush DNS

- Go to Start then Run and type the word "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Run box. A DOS window should open on screen.
- Type: "ipconfig /release" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type: "ipconfig /renew" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Close the DOS window and attempt to make a connection.

Step 3: Power Cycle the Modem and Router

If the connection difficulties persist, please Power Cycle your modem and router to reset them and allow them to re-establish a connection to your ISP. Please follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:

- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem, allow to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router, if you have one, and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer and allow to completely boot up.

Step 4: Firewalls, Routers, and Internet Connection Sharing

If you are using any type of firewall, router, or you are sharing your internet connection between multiple computers, you may need to set your system up to allow access to the game servers. The firewall or router will need to allow unrestricted communication on TCP and UDP Port number 3724. World of Warcraft game client utilized TCP while the Voice Chat features use UDP.

descriptionJust bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!! EmptyRe: Just bought WoW, installed it, BUT IT CAN't CONNECT!!!!

more_horiz
ive pretty much done everythin thats under the help menu wen it says unable to connect. just have to do the modem thing but i doubt that will work

EDIT: yep tried everythin you suggested, no connection still

i got a linksys router wired in the office and i got another router that you just plug into the wall lik 5 ft away from my computer thats also linksys. i got broadband interent and i got AVG and simfraud on my comp. any ideas?

i had the 10day trail which worked fine till i bought the game and installed it. so idk wuts wrong

more_horiz
Did you check your ports. Maybe it's your firewall.

This error is also commonly caused by the video card's drivers not being installed or an issue with the Display or DirectX of the system.

Let's look at the video card information of the system.

If you look at the Display tab of the dxdiag there will be two columns in the upper right and left that will display all of the video information. Please post those two columns here.

To reach the dxdiag go to Start/Run and type "dxdiag".

If no luck, do an nslookup on www.worldofwarcraft.com - you should get 12.129.217.201 back. If you don't then it's probably a DNS issue. If you do then I'd check http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...w-realm-status to see if there are any current issues being reported here by other users.

Regards

more_horiz
i kinda figured out the problem i called blizzard... i need to update my firmware for my router since my dad has had the same router for 5 years.... all that happens is WoW will randomly connect sometimes or not

more_horiz
yep.

DNS issue...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum