WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInitial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error EmptyInitial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error

more_horiz
Hey again (you probably are starting to hate me)

I have just reformatted my computer
However at the startup (even before the windows XP loads)
I get the following message

"Bootmenu image not found
Entering Standard boot mode"

Then i press enter so i can leave the screen and the XP loads

Then once at the XP GUI (user interface)

I sometimes get the following error

"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

After closing this box i no longer get any sound/s

To overcome this is went to Volume Control but cant access it because its says

"There are no active mixer devices available"

I have the latest codec's, updates and also all my hardware is working fine

I have no idea what is wrong (Note I am the admin on my computer if that helps you in any

way)

Please (puppy eyes)

descriptionInitial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error EmptyRe: Initial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error

more_horiz
No, we don't hate you. We thank you for your questions! Ask more if you have to, it's our service and pleasure to help you. Honored '

To fix the Generic Host process... you have to download the WindowsXP KB894391 x86-ENU.exe package from
here

To solve the mixer devices error, follow these steps:

Start >> Run, and type in services.msc

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to Automatic. Also remember to click the Start button under Service Status.

The Windows Audio service should restart and the error with the volume control should be resolved.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Initial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionInitial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error EmptyRe: Initial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error

more_horiz
Thanks alot

The mixer problem has been resolved and i can get sound again

However the Generic Host process... error still hasnt been overcome

more_horiz
Did you use the update I provided? If you have, did you get an error message prior to the update?

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type net stop wuauserv.

2. On the desktop, double-click My Computer, and then delete the drive:\WuTemp folder.

3. Delete the drive:\Windows\System32\Catroot2 folder.

4. Open the drive:\Windows folder, and then rename the SoftwareDistribution folder as SoftwareDistributionOLD.

5. Open the drive:\Windows\system32 folder, and then follow these steps:
a. Rename the Wuweb.dll file as Wuweb.dll.old.
b. Rename the Wuapi.dll file as Wuapi.dll.old.
c. Rename the Wuauclt.exe file as Wuauclt.exe.old.
d. Rename the Wuaucpl.cpl file as Wuaucpl.cpl.old.
e. Rename the Wuaueng1.dll file as Wuaueng1.dll.old.
f. Rename the Wuaueng.dll file as Wuaueng.dll.old.
g. Rename the Wuauserv.dll file as Wuauserv.dll.old.
h. Rename the Wucltui.dll file as Wucltui.dll.old.
i. Rename the Wups2.dll file as Wups2.dll.old.
j. Rename the Wups.dll file as Wups.dll.old.

6. Restart the computer.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Initial Bootup Problem and Loss of Sound Due to SVC Host Error Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Soz for the late reply

The Win 32 Problem still persists and yes i had the message prior to the update)

Also the mixer problem continues on all the time and i consistently have to manually start it like you told me (there seems to be no option to always get it to start)

more_horiz
Did you format the drive/partition before you installed XP again?

Its easy to miss this procedure and just install over the top of the previous windows install on the drive.

more_horiz
Yes I did
Is that where my problem lies?

more_horiz
I would most definately say so.......Have never had this issue after a CLEAN install of windows.

Please supply full details of your install method including the version of disc/ISO you are installing from.

Also, is the new install directed to the root of c:\ (primary drive/partition)

Regards

more_horiz
Thnx alot you have been really helpful

However after letting one of my mates look at the computer

All i had to do was

"Tick the box saying allow this service to communicate with this computer at start up"

Im sorry that i wasted some of your time

"However that is how things are with computers, the simplest things are the hardest to solve" (well in my small computer usage life anyway"

Thanks a lot once again

more_horiz
Its no problem and its never a waste of time.

Thats why we are here.

Glad that you were able to solve the issue and as you say......Thats how things are in the computer industry!

Good Luck!

more_horiz
Thank You! Hooray!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum