WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Multiple issues

2 posters

descriptionMultiple issues EmptyMultiple issues

more_horiz
Hi there

I'm having multiple issues with my system..whether the aftermath of a virus attack that I didn't deal with properly, or purely software/hardware. Help would be most welcome.

Some are as follows

*cant install most new programs
* wont resume from sleep
*cant install windows updates, contant cycle of reboots
* Can't start malwarebytes services or change settings of the dependencies even after clean removal and reinstallation
*varying messages of "the executable program that this service is configured to run does not implement this service"...*
*the usual slow sluggish performance

I've checked the disk and memory modules and both seem to be fine.

descriptionMultiple issues EmptyRe: Multiple issues

more_horiz
Hi @Voods,

Can we first please make sure your computer is not infected by malware. If you want you can start a new thread at Virus, Adware, & Malware Removal Help forum. Please follow the instruction at READ THIS BEFORE POSTING thread.

If you don't want to have a malware infection checkup please let us know and we will do are best to help you fix your computer issues.

more_horiz
Thanks for that. I will start a topic in the Malware forum, then get back to regarding any further issues.

more_horiz
Thank you!

more_horiz
Hi @Voods

Can you please download and execute batch script from below link and attach the created .zip archive to your next post at this thread.

http://www.geekpolice.net/t31101-system-log-collector-batch-script

more_horiz
Here's the Log for System Collector

Regards
Dave

Last edited by Voods on 1st April 2018, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
You have not attached the log .zip archive.

more_horiz
Apologies, i've edited the post above with the attached file.

more_horiz
I see it now thanks, i will now write you few instructions for you to follow while i will have a look at your computer logs. Give me few minutes please.

more_horiz
Please open the Command Prompt by clicking Start Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and open it as an administrator. In Windows Vista and later versions of Window operating systems type cmd.exe into Start Screen or Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Please execute following commands one at time and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code:

Sfc  /Scannow

Findstr  /c:"[SR]"  "C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" > %userprofile%\Desktop\CBS.txt

Chkdsk C:  /r

Please attached the CBS.txt file that will be created at your Desktop after you have executed Findstr command.

When you execute the Chkdsk command you will be prompted to schedule a C: partition error checking press Y key and press Enter key to accept the error checking at next time your computer reboots.

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the Multiple issues 7W6b39o keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Multiple issues 0JgaJnG

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Multiple issues YIKrmLs

7. Click on Apply then OK

Multiple issues LjHR4ZW

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8.  Divide the number of these startup services and programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9.  If the problem doesn't return in those services and programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and programs and restart the computer.

10.  When you find which half the service or program is in go on to the next step.  

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Do the same for the programs.  Restart the computer.  

12.  If it isn't in the first half of these services and programs, do the same with the last half of the services and programs.

13.  Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or program at fault.

Once you have found the service or program post it in your topic.  Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

more_horiz
Here's the CBS file

more_horiz
Windows System files are not corrupted that's very good, please continue with other instructions.

more_horiz
Hi again

So i've gone through the 3 steps, including the clean boot.  After disabling all the services, and a clean boot, the issues I was having still seem to be present.

Kind regards

more_horiz
Restore Windows Services To Default Startup Settings

Please try below programs one at time.

Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Automatically reset Windows Update components
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3132

Reset Windows Update Components

Boot your computer in Safe Mode and let us know how computer works.

1. Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.

2. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.

3. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode press ENTER.

more_horiz
Forget to add that you should select Normal Startup from System Configuration.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum