WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsomething using a power off "kill switch" when it is detected Emptysomething using a power off "kill switch" when it is detected

more_horiz
hello Superdave and the other tech gurus at GeekPolice! its been several years since I've had to use your expertise, but it seems I may have a unique problem with my laptop.

it is a Lenovo, running Windows 7 Home Premium with 64-bit and Intel Pent 2.13ghz.
for years (since you tutored me) I've run MBAM, CCleaner, HijackThis, and either Avira, AVG, or any of the others on all my machines. the only one I'm having a very bad problem with is this Lenovo. its current configuration is MBAM (free), CCleaner (free) AVG (free) and the problem began last month after I started to uninstall all of the Win10 telemetry and prep updates that MS was/is pushing. then the auto-power-off started.

the auto kill switch is sudden, and violent. it literally pops off. when re-powered, Windows ask whether to open normal or in safe mode. I've tried both. NONE of the anti-virus softwares have been able to find anything, and even worse, this particular bad boy senses when I am looking for it, and that is when it throws a tantrum and powers off.

check this out: if even will power off when I go into the Control Panel to search for installed updates - if it senses that I'm onto the one it doesn't like me to mess with. so far, I've been able to uninstall most of the Win10 crap, but there is something that I can't find now. this MAY not be something MS did - as I don't think they would deliberately sabotage a computer just to sell their extremely intrusive cloud technology Win10. but since I am trying to keep all my stuff OUT of the damn cloud (no apps, smart phones, etc) I may be on the losing end of the stick here.

I have several friends who are former FBI and NSA types, and the very real spyware (both hard and soft) have been found to be completely compromising Lenovo and other Chinese products. I have no idea if this is a Lenovo problem, a MS telemetry problem, or malware.

IF this is actually a piece of malware buried somewhere - and I truly hope it is - I may have to ask you to send a solution so that I can either jump it from another laptop or try it here on it while the solution finds, isolates, and removes it. that may prove impossible as this particular goblin is self-aware and knows when it is being attacked.

thanks for your dedication and hard work!
your old friend,
reeko

descriptionsomething using a power off "kill switch" when it is detected EmptyRe: something using a power off "kill switch" when it is detected

more_horiz
I've sent you a pm. I will keep this thread open.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum