WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnable to boot Win7 EmptyUnable to boot Win7

more_horiz
A week or so ago, I picked up a win7 computer from a foreclosed house. After running multiple malwarebyres and TDSSKiller scans, everything seemed to work perfectly, and I had the comp set up...and was then told to bring back to other parent's house so could look through files. Once I brought it back, it's had this...weird problem. When I initially started, it would say "starting windows," and then it would turn discoloured (as if monitor broke) and stay there. I tried startup repair, but after "loading files" loadbar finishes, it just shows a blank black screen. I was able to get around that by starting safemode then restarting, and that worked...but today, even safemode does that "turns discoloured and freezes" thing like normal start yesterday. (I do not have a repair/install disc)

Unable to boot Win7 Mms_picture_by_panzerschreckleopard-d7t7euo

descriptionUnable to boot Win7 EmptyRe: Unable to boot Win7

more_horiz
Since this computer has been moved a couple of times you really should check all the cables connections. Next your should run a diagnostic on the harddrive (below) You could also try another monitor to see if that's the problem. You may be able to try a startup repair here.

Run hard drive diagnostics: tacktech.com
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: imgburn to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.
For Toshiba hard drives, see here:

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here

more_horiz
Well the monitor's fine. Switched the old comp back in for the moment...so what you're saying is, use those sites to make a new repair disc while on different comp?

I also asked someone on skype and he suggested it might be hard drive problems.

more_horiz
Yes, it's possible that it is the hard drive. That's why I suggested running a diagnostic on the drive. You may have to open the case to determine the manufacturer of the hard drive. Once you create the disk you can run the diagnostic.

more_horiz
Failure to configure windows 7 updates, keeps shutting down after 45%.can anyone help with this issue

more_horiz
How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

more_horiz
Hi sorry for delay on answering Superdave hard drive has 147gb free of 218gb

more_horiz
Well, there's lots of space for the upgrades. Windows 7 has a couple of tools to fix problems. Did you try running them?

descriptionUnable to boot Win7 Emptyupdates

more_horiz
[quote="Superdave"]Well, there's lots of space for the upgrades. Windows 7 has a couple of tools to fix problems. Did you try running them.

Hi Superdave managed to get a fix for the problem with the updates.
Went to windows updates, then to setting on up dates,unticked all the
Boxes and turned off computer, restarted computer, went back into
updates then onto settings scrolled down for automatic updates ticked
box, Job done.
Thanks For The Help Superdave
allan penman

more_horiz
You're welcome. I'm glad you found the solution.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum