WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionneed help with SSD firmware update Emptyneed help with SSD firmware update

more_horiz
So I have a crucial m4 SSD on my computer that I play games from, lately the SSD has been vanishing like it's been ejected or something. Turning the computer off and turning it back on brings the SSD back, but after a while it just kind of disappears again. I've looked around a little bit online and everywhere seems to suggest that upgrading the firmware (currently 0009) to the latest 070H (I think) will fix the problem. Well I've gone to the crucial website and used their updater, the thing is, when I try to use it my system restarts and the updater starts doing its thing but then it says it cannot find the SSD, times out a couple times, then windows starts up and my SSD is still at 0009. My knowledge on this kind of stuff is very limited, but I even tried the alternative method of burning the updater stuff onto a disk and booting from that, still the SSD wasn't found. I then tried to switch my SATA configuration to IDE from AHCI like their troubleshooting section suggested, booted from the disk with the ISO, and still didn't find the SSD. I'm pretty sure I did everything the troubleshoot section suggested correctly, so I don't really know what to try now... I would really like not having to restart my computer every hour or so.

descriptionneed help with SSD firmware update EmptyRe: need help with SSD firmware update

more_horiz
bump
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum