WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConnecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing EmptyConnecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing

more_horiz
Hello

So i am trying to connect my tablet to my home wireless network so I can stream and share files. I used to do this with my laptop via homegroup but I no loger have a laptop.

I have gone through various gudies but still cannot get it to work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1640895

"Click the "Computer" icon in the Windows "Start" menu. Right-click the folder or drive you want to use to share files with the Android device. Click "Add a network location." A configuration window opens."

I cannot find "add a network connection" when i right click on any files/folders.

Also have used

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/connect-android-tablet-homegroup-28441.html

Is there a complete idiot guide for this?

I did manage to get ES file explorer on the tablet but when i search for for LAN's it only comes up with my ISP server.

Sorry if i sound stupid I am really struggling.

Thanks in advance

descriptionConnecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing EmptyRe: Connecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing

more_horiz
ES File Explorer has a function to create an FTP on your phone via your LAN, which can be accessed in ES File Explorer, and you'll need something like Filezilla. The FTP is usually created on 192.168.1.x:3721

x being whatever IP you are assigned from your router.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Connecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing DXwU4
Connecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing VvYDg

descriptionConnecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing EmptyRe: Connecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing

more_horiz
Whoa, Belahzur, that is cool!

............................................................................................

Connecting an android tablet to a home network for file sharing 2v1art10

"I can handle pain till it hurts"

more_horiz
I had wondered how to do this. I know it does it on its own for PC's but tablets and such have to give you issues. I will try this out. I would like to be able to send pictures and files to and from my tablet to my desktop.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum