WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFirewall will not load EmptyFirewall will not load

more_horiz
Deer GeekPolice; Smile...

Looks like I have a bigger problem then I thought. I was in the middle of trying to figure out why I can't get an old XP machine to network with Wiin7. I was sure everything was set right. I decided to go look at what ports firewall had open. But I can't get into the firewall at all. After looking for the service I found that it isn't even there.

I found your web site in a search and read through this post.
http://www.GeekPolice.net/t27045-windows-7-64bit-windows-firewall-will-not-load#184069

I followed along and ran the virus scan. It found 2. Then I did the fix by downloading "Seven". I did all that. Now the service is there but it won't start.

So I have decided to hand it over to the GeekPolice!

Thanks

Menessis

descriptionFirewall will not load EmptyRe: Firewall will not load

more_horiz
One other thing. In the process of trying different things to get that xp machine to see the win7 machine I had turned the firewall on and off many times. This has just happened. Don't know if that means anything or not.

Thanks

Menssis

more_horiz
There must still be a virus at work. I can't even get FireFox to run properly. And the FireWall service is gone again!

Help!!!!!!!!

Menessis

more_horiz
I ran Malwarebytes and it found 16 problems. Running ESET again now. So far it has found 2 copies of "JS/securityDisabler.A.Gen application"!

Malbytes pops up and tells me that it has stopped "awetp.exe" from accessing the internet. I google that exe and come up with nothing?

I ran Trojan Remover and it killed something?? But that awetp.exe is still there.

Menessis

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum