WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBest way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package? EmptyBest way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package?

more_horiz
Sure, I know I can simply uninstall it from my control panel but the last time I uninstalled antivirus software (Norton) it was a nightmare because it never fully uninstalled.

It would start doing scans 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc etc months after it was supposedly uninstalled.

I'm guessing all these big software houses never let you fully uninstall in the hope they can win you back.

So my long winded question is, is there a sure fire way to competely remove a Trend Micro software package from my pc?

Thanks.

descriptionBest way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package? EmptyRe: Best way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package?

more_horiz
Hi there.

Check the solution here: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037161.aspx

Let me know if this worked.

descriptionBest way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package? EmptyRe: Best way to uninstall a Trend Micro Antivirus package?

more_horiz
Will do

Thanks.

more_horiz
it looks as if it has worked perfectly. Thanks Jay.

On another note, I've just installed a free version of AVG.

It states that I don't have a firewall with the free edition. Should I just use the free microsoft one that came with my windows 7 pro? If yes, will that interfere with AVG?

Thanks again.

more_horiz
Yes, run the OS firewall. It'll work fine with AVG.

more_horiz
Excellent. Thanks again Jay.

more_horiz
You're welcome! Honored

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum