WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWipe reload WVB EmptyWipe reload WVB

more_horiz
i want to wipe and reload windows vista basic to windows 7. but i have no clue how to wipe my laptop. i have so much stuff on my laptop that i dont need its not even funny. plus after i did a update my AVG isnt working. i need help ASAP!

descriptionWipe reload WVB EmptyRe: Wipe reload WVB

more_horiz
Basically, you need to back up all your documents, including music, photos, videos, and email. An external hard drive would come in handy for this. Actually you should be backing up these items anyway because you never know when your computer may fail.

Since you'll have to reinstall all your programs, you need access to them. Typically users have disks along with any license keys for this. If you downloaded applications, you need to be able to download them again and you'll need the license keys for them.

Then, you need the Windows 7 install disk and license key. Boot to the install disk to wipe your machine clean and install Windows 7.

Once Windows 7 is installed, do all the updates and install your malware protection applications. Then restore your files from the backup and install your applications.

Easy - right? It'll take several hours.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum