WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConcerning Spam Bots EmptyConcerning Spam Bots

more_horiz
Hello folks of GP.

As of lately, we've been under heavy spam bot attack, and today I decided to change a few things in our admin panel.

1. New users now required to enter a CAPTCHA code at registration.
  2. As of today, new users cannot register with their username as their email address.
  3. More words are added to the filter, please report any post you see with ~ Spam - Report Me ~ in the post.
  4. We are in the process of removing any username that contains an email address - This is for their security and prevent spam bot crawlers from having any effect here.
  5. Valued Member group is now 100 posts instead of 50. However, we still watch posts, any useless or SPAM posts will be deleted.
  6. Flood Control is now 30 seconds instead of 10.

We can also stop new users under 7 days of registration from posting external links too, but we feel this may impact innocent users too, so we wont activate this unless we really have to.

Thank you.
- Belahzur

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Concerning Spam Bots DXwU4
Concerning Spam Bots VvYDg

descriptionConcerning Spam Bots EmptyRe: Concerning Spam Bots

more_horiz
I've noticed this myself. Of course when the popularity rises so does the risks.

more_horiz
Been a few days and no spam bot posts, hopefully I don't speak too soon but it's looking good.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Concerning Spam Bots DXwU4
Concerning Spam Bots VvYDg

more_horiz
So far so good. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum