WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSimple Benchmark EmptySimple Benchmark

more_horiz
I have searched in vain for a simple benchmark that will run under 16, 32 and 64bit OSs. It should jus' spit out a single number when run.

All ideas are welcome.
TIA Thank You!

descriptionSimple Benchmark EmptyRe: Simple Benchmark

more_horiz
What are you tring to Benchmark?

Games?
Business Apps?
Overall Apps?

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
Mainly modern PCs compaired to my old 3.2GHz Dell XPS; but also the performance I can get from various 'Virtual Machines'. FEG would be a really GREAT benchmark; but even though it's a DOS program, it won't run in DOSBox! (go figure) Fritz's benchmark is fine for the former; but it won't run on DOS VMs. I like my old games and my old apps like AutoCad 14, MASM 5.1, CodeView, DBase III+/w Clipper(!) and WordStar V(!!) Pro. Reports of DOS's death(by MS) are quite premature!!!
Let me think

Last edited by bob_deloach on 5th September 2011, 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)

more_horiz
Have you tried the below?

Lavalys Everest - http://www.lavalys.com/

SiSoftware Sandra - http://www.sisoftware.net/

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
Never heard of those. I thought Sandra Lite would be sweet; but she turned out to be obese and bloated. Thank you for your time; but I found an entire suite of "Dhrystone Benchmarks" and CPUMark. All are small, compact and don't require installation. But, of course, they don't support 64bit. I certainly hope all 64bit benchmarks don't have to be installed. Perhaps I'll buy a 64bit version of Fritz (when I get a new PC) just for the benchmark and another year of ducats!!!

Thank You!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum