WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiondownloads freeze Emptydownloads freeze

more_horiz
File downloads freeze. I can occasionally get a download to work for small files, but it takes repeated attempts. Large file downloads freeze at differing points.

I recently upgraded to IE 8 and Thunderbird 5.0.
I ran a full scan with MSE and Malware Bytes and found nothing.
I also ran CCleaner and fixed all that it identified with the registry scan.
I also deleted the temporary internet files.

What else can I try?

descriptiondownloads freeze EmptyRe: downloads freeze

more_horiz
If you're seeing this with only one site, there may be a problem on their end.

You can try downloading with Firefox, but I'll bet you'll have the same result.

What type of Internet connection do you have? If it's dial-up or DSL, you may have problems when it rains.

If you're connecting wirelessly, try downloading from a 'wired' computer.

Since you're paying some company to provide your Internet access, consider calling them for tech support. There may be a problem with their equipment.

more_horiz
It's multiple sites.

I have a little more info - i use a wireless setup and the other computers on my net work fine - so it's not the router/modem or my isp. Foxfire works, but i have to continuously have to pause and restart the download to complete it.

Downloads freeze in safe mode, as well. I also tried IE8 without add-ons and it freezes.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

more_horiz
I have the same problem.

I have recently had problems with large downloads. Downloads freeze on IE8, FF5, iTunes10. Additionally, when I watch streaming video on Hulu I have also been experiencing freezing of the video (download cache runs out and has not reloaded seamlessly). I have been unable to update my iPhone or iPad to the lastest iOS as a result because iTunes does not resume downloads of the iOS from the middle! Since I must restart, it never completes!

The download freezes started very recently, in the last month or so.

I have just "upgraded" Windows 7 pro x64 in case it was a Windows-related problem, but that did not seem to help.

It is very frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

MSI Big-Bang X-power MB
Intel i7 core 975
12 GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
120 GB SSD HDD

more_horiz
My download problems were fixed when I upgraded my modem/router from my old Westell VersaLink 327W to the newer ATT 2WIRE 2701HG-B.

No more download freezes.

Hope this helps others.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum