WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCreate a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP EmptyCreate a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP

more_horiz
This isn't a tweak, but a great little feature!
For a great way to put your digital photos to work, try creating a slide show presentation for use as a screen saver. Here's how:

1. Right-click an empty spot on your desktop and then click Properties.

2. Click the Screen Saver tab.

3. In the Screen saver list, click My Pictures Slideshow.

4. Click Settings to make any adjustments, such as how often the pictures should change, what size they should be, and whether you'll use transition effects between pictures, and then click OK.

Now your screen saver is a random display of the pictures taken from your My Pictures folder.

............................................................................................

Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP V45u80

descriptionCreate a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP EmptyRe: Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP

more_horiz
Cool. Never knew that until now. Thank You!

............................................................................................

Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

descriptionCreate a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP EmptyRe: Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP

more_horiz
Thanks for this tut

RAW!!

descriptionCreate a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP EmptyMy "properties" screen looks like the old 98 screen!!!

more_horiz
When I right click on my desktop and then left click on "properties", the resulting screen looks like the old Win 98 display screen and doesn't have the "screensaver" tab on it! I have noticed this for quite some time now but have not had anyone who could tell me how this occurred. Maybe one of you can shed some light on how this happened and what to do to get my XP display screen back?? I am using XP Home with SP-3.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

[url=Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP Displayscreen][IMG]

more_horiz
Are you in an Administrator account?

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I don't think that I am in an administrator account if you are referring to my signon account when I boot up my computer.

I am not sure how to check that out.

more_horiz
Hello framerguy.
Are you parents using this system too, or you set some policies yourself?
I see Desktop AND screensaver tab is missing. Have you had an infection in the past? these policies are the work of smitfraud.

• Open a new notepad file.
  • Input this into the notepad file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "NoDispBackgroundPage"=-
    "NoDispScrSavPage"=-

• Save this as fix.reg, save it to your desktop.
  • Double click fix.reg to run it.
  • Select yes to the registry merge prompt.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP DXwU4
Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP VvYDg

more_horiz
Belahzur,

I am almost 66 years along on my journey so my parents don't have much say in how I operate my computer. LOL Banner

Just so I get this absolutely correct the first time, I don't have to include the very first line of your post or do I??

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"NoDispBackgroundPage"=-
"NoDispScrSavPage"=-"

It seems like the HKEY entry is the main 3 lines that will be the operative lines of code but I thought I'd just make sure before going into the registry and do any changing.

Thanks for your advice.

Framerguy

more_horiz
You have to include everything, including Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Create a Personal Screen Saver in Win XP Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum