WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLost everything...pls HELP!!!! EmptyLost everything...pls HELP!!!!

more_horiz
Hello, I am a new user, please excuse me if I make any errors in the how abouts of using these boards. Yesterday, my laptop went down, the message read hardware failure, then everything went away. No more desk top icons, no more programs, no more documents/pictures (I'm a photographer)
Everything is gone. I have had AVG for the past 5 years and never have I had a problem. With our printer, we have had to disable the firewall when we wanted to print.
now, it is running super slow, freezing.
Also, yesterday, windows was running a scan, it said it failed to fix the problem and that I had to purchase their product $85 us funds to fix it...I tried but it kept restarting and today all like I said is gone. Can anyone help please? :sad:

Sincerely
MyFiannas

descriptionLost everything...pls HELP!!!! EmptyRe: Lost everything...pls HELP!!!!

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Lost everything...pls HELP!!!! DXwU4
Lost everything...pls HELP!!!! VvYDg

descriptionLost everything...pls HELP!!!! EmptyRe: Lost everything...pls HELP!!!!

more_horiz
Will do ty, just opened laptop, internet is running but all data is gone,
trojan horse false av/...how did I/we acquire this virus? I have AVG, I do not go to any new sites nor do I open anything that is not known.

more_horiz
Malware nowadays can come from anywhere.

Did you get OTL to run?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I have not, to tell you the truth, I am a little nervous since I have no clue what happened in the 1st place, I mean how can everything just disappear. My Question is, is the virus still here, if I try to put ex...pictures saved etc..will I lose them or if I do my online banking? I thought AVG was top

more_horiz
AVG sucks to be honest, they have done since 2009.

I can't be certain what's happening with your machine till we get some logs.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum