WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSuggestion " Changing the board software " EmptySuggestion " Changing the board software "

more_horiz
Hello,

Well am thinking in something that would be VERY useful to GeekPolice, since it's already a well known forum and place to help victims removing viruses and also a great academy to teach students to help against malware.

My suggestion is : Instead of hosting with forumotion where thousands of the forums are on the same server

1) Change the web host,where i think surfing the forum will be way faster

2) Switching to vbulletin as it has way better security,easy to be SEO'ed,more professional.

That's just my opinions,Please share yours too =)
~Yehia

............................................................................................

Suggestion " Changing the board software " Gpa-st13

descriptionSuggestion " Changing the board software " EmptyRe: Suggestion " Changing the board software "

more_horiz
I'm familar with vBulletin. I had to adjust to this site. I'm still not as comfortable with it as I'd like. I do like the button that allows you to view unanswered threads. I haven't figured out how the View posts since last visit works. It seems I have to close out of the site each time. That prevents me from keeping the page open during the day. With vBulletin, it has a View New Posts button which I like.

descriptionSuggestion " Changing the board software " EmptyRe: Suggestion " Changing the board software "

more_horiz
Problem with that is, that they will need to start all over if they want to move host, due to the fact they can't move database.

more_horiz
Ye that's the main problem i guess MrMario..i understand that forumotion doesn't allow database moving . but they can't make an exception ? am sure If Doctor Inferno talked to someone he can get a nice deal !

............................................................................................

more_horiz
The good thing about forumotion is it's very cheap.Smile...

more_horiz
Buttons wrote:

I thought forumotion doesn't charge for hosting ? they only take credits for domain .. and i doubt that Inferno bought domain from them ?
But yes i agree with you.nothing is better than freebies :smile2:

more_horiz
YehiaPC wrote:
Buttons wrote:

I thought forumotion doesn't charge for hosting ? they only take credits for domain .. and i doubt that Inferno bought domain from them ?
But yes i agree with you.nothing is better than freebies :smile2:

Nope.Smile... They do for a domain name(credits) which isn't too bad.Smile... Unlike other hosting providers like Verio and such where the very basic plan gives you almost nothing Forumotion is quite nice.Smile...

more_horiz
Nope. They do for a domain name(credits) which isn't too bad. Unlike other hosting providers like Verio and such where the very basic plan gives you almost nothing Forumotion is quite nice.

except for the unannounced blackouts that leave you scratching your head :lol2: :lol2:

more_horiz
wildman424 wrote:
Nope. They do for a domain name(credits) which isn't too bad. Unlike other hosting providers like Verio and such where the very basic plan gives you almost nothing Forumotion is quite nice.

except for the unannounced blackouts that leave you scratching your head :lol2: :lol2:

Yep. When I'm in bed someone else can deal with it. Annoyed or Unimpress

more_horiz
Buttons wrote:

Yep. When I'm in bed someone else can deal with it. Annoyed or Unimpress

thanks pal Ahahaha

more_horiz
No problem. Big Grin

more_horiz
YehiaPC wrote:
Ye that's the main problem i guess MrMario..i understand that forumotion doesn't allow database moving . but they can't make an exception ? am sure If Doctor Inferno talked to someone he can get a nice deal !

Nope. I've already asked the boss on the English side and he tells me no. If I can't get my database for my forum (even if I'm Admin on the English Support Forum) then no one can get theirs.

more_horiz
MrMario wrote:
YehiaPC wrote:

Nope. I've already asked the boss on the English side and he tells me no. If I can't get my database for my forum (even if I'm Admin on the English Support Forum) then no one can get theirs.

Well that's kinda sad but true !,Anyways GP is doing just fine =)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum